500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSX SP2 9800GTX+ = Artifacts

Hi ,
    I have just installed FSX and SP2(not acceleration) and find when i start a flight im getting large white or Black flashes on the screen.Sometimes there will also be banks of Black vertical stripes.They will virtually dissapear after a few minutes flying.I will then be left with only rare occurences.I have uninstalled the SP2 and all artifacts dissapear.
    Ive tried numerous drivers,but with no luck.I also installed Acceleration,but the artifacts were there also.
    Is there anyone running XP 32 bit,FSX with SP2 and TH2GO with no artifacts,if so what version of drivers are u using?.
    Thanks
    Les

25+ Posting Member

Re: FSX SP2 9800GTX+ = Artifacts

are these artefacts giant peaks that rise out from the floor to many thousands of feet high??

I had this problem a while back, and as you say, seem to disappear with sp2 uninstallation. My card (at that time was an ATI), Although I'm seem to remember a driver update did sort it out for me. Also, I noticed that having the Autogen sliders too high, or the Autogen settings in the fsx.ini file set too low, seem to antagonise it to appear more often.

Anyway, I've since changed my card to a 8800GT and am using the 190.38 drivers (XP SP3). Touch wood, so far its been great.

10+ Posting Member

Oops, we have almost the same. We have 3 9800GTX in SLI mode, connected to TH2G and sometimes there are white flashes. They occure just for parts of a second, but annoing.

Interesting point is - we have FS9 and WinXP SP2, so I suspect it's driver issue.

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your comments.These flashes and black stripes a very quick but generally go from top to bottom of screen.Ive found that in FS9 and sp3 for Xp all is fine.I guess it is a driver issue but will try 190.38 and i might get lucky.You are right,not a disaster but annoying.Funny thing is that they just about disappear after about 5mins flying time.I have tried a few drivers,but i might try a few more.
    Les

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by iwik View Post
    Hi ,
    I have just installed FSX and SP2(not acceleration) and find when i start a flight im getting large white or Black flashes on the screen.Sometimes there will also be banks of Black vertical stripes.They will virtually dissapear after a few minutes flying.I will then be left with only rare occurences.
    When I've had those I've found they are due to too many BufferPools declared in the FSX.CFG file.

If you have not been changing the FSX.CFG yourself, in line with assorted recommendations on different sites, then I'm afraid I don't know what the cause is -- BufferPools isn't a part of a default FSX.CFG file. I can just attest to the fact that the black spikes and flashes appeared in my scenery when I was using the BufferPools parameter and never since removing it.

Regards

Pete

6. Thanks Kitsok thanked for this post

Pete,
    Thanks for the reply,im not using Bufferpools so really dont know what causes it.I have Win7 64 bit here and when i get time i will be installing it.Hope that fixes it along with Nhancer.Im beginning to think my installation may be suspect.
    Les

I have a BFG 9800GTX+ and a TH2GO. I found out my artifacting is caused by my Acer LCD monitors. When running 5040 x 1060, the TH2GO wants to run at 57 hz and the monitors only support 60 hz. When I lower the resolution, it goes away.