Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: G-737 g-throttle updated pics!

Quote Originally Posted by kozak737 View Post
    Hi,

simply increase the product price by 4% and everybody will be happy.

It is better you loose 4% than your reputation.

Kozakos
    Thats a good idea, nobody likes to be charged with extra hidden fees, so include them in your price and nobody will know.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mriggins View Post
    I really wanted to purchase this Throttle but unfortunately Roberto seems to want his customers to pay his merchant fees that Paypal dings him to accept payments through their (service)

I told Roberto I was ready to place my order, and he sent me the paypal address and asked me for my address to calculate shipping.

During that time, I sent him the cost via Paypal for his unit, $649.99

I then get an email back from him saying shipping from El Salvador to me in Los Angeles is $90 so total cost is $649 (though the site says $649.99?) + $90 + 4% PAYPAL FEES, total of $768.

Hmmm.

Well, I sent him the $90. Why am I as a customer going to pay a Merchant (Roberto) his Merchant Fees?

He sent me an email back very nicely saying "Thanks I will need the 4% of paypal fees for the total!"

I replied informing him why would I pay his Merchant Fees... sorry that's silly. If I as a business choose to accept credit cards, well the (company) that authorizes said card of course is going to ding the merchant 3-4%. That's just how it goes. But I as a customer am not responsible for that. A merchant of course can accept other forms of payment but in the long run, is going to get dinged anyhow.

I get charged $12 / month by my bank for having a business checking account. I don't change that back to my customers, it's a cost of business.

Roberto stated those fees are part of ebay and not paypal and since it's their fee not his he won't pay it. He did however offer to accept a check or money order, which was nice. I don't feel comfortable with that however.

So, sadly, I had to ask Roberto to please refund the paypal payments (which he did immediately) and am not going to be ordering this throttle. Too bad too, was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just put this towards the 3K full sized unit.

Good luck to everyone who buys it. I still think it's a great unit but this is just a conflict on interest.

Bummer.

Matt

3k or just pay the 26 dollars extra i cannot see why you have such a big issue. Roberto is trying to sell his products at the lowest price possible and to pay the 26 dollars extra is not a fair comparison to a unit which costs 2k+ more even the unmotorized unit is around 2k.

just my 2 cents. I think ppl are making to big a deal out of nothing really. In australia credit card companies charge us 1-3% for international transactions!!

Quote Originally Posted by kozak737 View Post
    Hi,

I think its unprofessional you ask additional fees of 4% because of extra charges, simply increase the product price by 4% and everybody will be happy.

It is better you loose 4% than your reputation.

Kozakos
    As a marketeer, I would add a "phenomenal 4% discount" on that new price in case customers choose to pay by check.
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

Planning of ordering one. Anyone received one yet? And what are your findings about it??

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Matt, from Earth, somewhere on this planet, who really does not advocate MyCockpit.org, very much noticeable on your site. Welcome.

I noticed that all of a sudden you find MyCockpit.org useful so you can bash not only a sponsor of MyCockpit, but a fabulous contributor to our builders community.

It's not uncommon to charge bank fees, transfer fees, PayPal fees, Credit Card fees, etc, etc, etc. This is a common occurrence within the SALES Society. I go to get fuel for my car and have a choice of paying cash or an increased price for credit, perfectly normal and so I see the same with web sites that sell a variety of products.

So don't bash Mr. Roberto because of you're unexpected fees. It seems you'd rather see Mr. Roberto take a loss then a gain, for your benefit.

Mr. Roberto has been doing business for years without complaints...... what more can I say to that....

If you have any further comments to make please direct them through e-mail or PM's directly to Mr. Roberto and quit using MyCockpit.org as your soap box.

6. Thanks Gnorfie, Joe Cygan thanked for this post

I just ordered the 737 throttle quad, looking forward to receiving it! the 4% fee does suck but I 'm sure it will be worth it..

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

He can't simply roll the 4% into the pricing, then they will charge 4% on that. Just make it clear on the website that Paypal charges the 4% and it will be passed on and add it on a line in the invoice.

I would live with that. I am considering your product now myself .

10+ Posting Member

Consider the 4% as a convenience charge for being able to use PayPal for the transaction. It's no big deal and it's not a hidden fee. Roberto is very up-front about all of the charges and shipping dates. I have no problems and would do the same if someone was to pay me through PayPal (In fact I have done it).

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123