Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airbus Re: G-737 g-throttle updated pics!

LOL! It is not Phil's fault probably customs has them and no notification sent... LOL!

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: G-737 g-throttle updated pics!

I ordered one this morning, looking forward to receiving it, cheers Roberto!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

25+ Posting Member

I have also ordered, really looking forward to receiving this! Thanks Roberto for your great service thus far.

I really wanted to purchase this Throttle but unfortunately Roberto seems to want his customers to pay his merchant fees that Paypal dings him to accept payments through their (service)

I told Roberto I was ready to place my order, and he sent me the paypal address and asked me for my address to calculate shipping.

During that time, I sent him the cost via Paypal for his unit, $649.99

I then get an email back from him saying shipping from El Salvador to me in Los Angeles is $90 so total cost is $649 (though the site says $649.99?) + $90 + 4% PAYPAL FEES, total of $768.

Hmmm.

Well, I sent him the $90. Why am I as a customer going to pay a Merchant (Roberto) his Merchant Fees?

He sent me an email back very nicely saying "Thanks I will need the 4% of paypal fees for the total!"

I replied informing him why would I pay his Merchant Fees... sorry that's silly. If I as a business choose to accept credit cards, well the (company) that authorizes said card of course is going to ding the merchant 3-4%. That's just how it goes. But I as a customer am not responsible for that. A merchant of course can accept other forms of payment but in the long run, is going to get dinged anyhow.

I get charged $12 / month by my bank for having a business checking account. I don't change that back to my customers, it's a cost of business.

Roberto stated those fees are part of ebay and not paypal and since it's their fee not his he won't pay it. He did however offer to accept a check or money order, which was nice. I don't feel comfortable with that however.

So, sadly, I had to ask Roberto to please refund the paypal payments (which he did immediately) and am not going to be ordering this throttle. Too bad too, was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just put this towards the 3K full sized unit.

Good luck to everyone who buys it. I still think it's a great unit but this is just a conflict on interest.

Bummer.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I actually did state on the email that is Ebay policy for the seller not to charge the 4% for paypal fees. But then again EBAY and paypal are the same company.

Unfortunately my friend I am trying to sell this Quad to the lowest possible price I can and the only way to do this is not to loose more money on Merchant fees like the 4% from Paypal. All my costumers that have payed with paypal have agreed to this then again it is your choice not to do so.

Good luck and kind regards,

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    Hi Matt,

I actually did state on the email that is Ebay policy for the seller not to charge the 4% for paypal fees. But then again EBAY and paypal are the same company.

Unfortunately my friend I am trying to sell this Quad to the lowest possible price I can and the only way to do this is not to loose more money on Merchant fees like the 4% from Paypal. All my costumers that have payed with paypal have agreed to this then again it is your choice not to do so.

Good luck and kind regards,

Roberto
    Every credit card authorization company charges a fee heh. They ding that on the merchant. Sucky? Well, they have a make money too. I just feel as a fellow businessman that it's wrong to charge your customers your fees.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck in your company! You have a really good looking product

Best,

Matt Riggins

Matt,

These are not my fees my friend my fees are of producing the Throttle quad, testing it and make sure is a quality product for my costumers to enjoy! I am trying to keep costs down so I can give a better price to the costumer.

Take care,

Roberto

10+ Posting Member

Hi,

I think its unprofessional you ask additional fees of 4% because of extra charges, simply increase the product price by 4% and everybody will be happy.

It is better you loose 4% than your reputation.

Kozakos

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    Matt,

These are not my fees my friend my fees are of producing the Throttle quad, testing it and make sure is a quality product for my costumers to enjoy! I am trying to keep costs down so I can give a better price to the costumer.

Take care,

Roberto
    They are fees opposed upon you, by Paypal, in order for you to accept credit card and online payments Then, you pass them onto your customers. Which is of course, why you offered to take an alternate form of payment (Check) which is awsome of you. I just didn't feel comfortable sending a check of that size to someone. So, my loss on a cool unit.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Hi All,

You pay the 4% for the privilage of using a secure, fast, safe method of payment transfer. And personally i think it's worth it. Definately.

I would add: It is in Roberto's best interest to add this to the website as a condition of purchase or raise the price as it is unfair to add hidden charges after customers have paid.

Roberto has every right to ask for the 4% as long as purchasers are aware. I personally don't do it. (I've lost a couple of hundred quid in recent months due to paypals commission but you have to just live with it.)

Just my input on the matter
    Last edited by Geremy Britton; 07-28-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast