Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

fsuipc offsets qestion

hi all this will sound a littel stupid but can some on explane this for me!
    i hear all the time on the forum things like fsuipc offsets, fsuipc programing
    and dont really get it i am a plug and ply guy but am helping out a frend build a airbus so there will be no plug and pluy i am trying to understand how this works and rally what it dose i think i know but i whant to hear it from some one that knows what it is and what it dose!!!!!! if some one can take the time for a general understanding i whould aprechiate it thanks

150+ Forum Groupie Jake 747 400's Avatar

Re: fsuipc offsets qestion

Hey Spiro.
    Im not fully educated on the subject myself, but from what I understand they are basically codes for specific functions, such as a code with mixed letters and numbers generally these codes are four figures (as I have seen) and say if you wanted a switch to operate the F/D then there would be a code for that, I cant remeber it off the top of my head, but this is used for FSUIPC to understand what function it is sposed to operate.
    Basically it knows that **** code is for the F/D so if you assign that offset (code) to the switch you want then that switch will operate the F/D.
    You will need I/O cards to connect the switches to and the software to go with the I/O cards-so you can input the offsets and assign the switches by putting the input number(which corrisponds to the pin it is connected to) and the offset for the function. Then the software will save the config file so next time fs is running FSCIPC will read the config file (I think thats how it works) and then when you flick the switch the F/D will come on or off.
    There maybe a few points I have missed but others will point you if I have missed out or miss-informed you on any information, such as Peter Dawson.
    Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Jake.
    Last edited by Jake 747 400; 10-27-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    Boeing 744ever jakes747sim.webs.com

There are actually two sets of codes used. FSUIPC has one set of numerical offsets it uses to assign a switch to say Toggle the gear up and down. The code for this is 65570 and would be used by FSUIPC to assign a switch or button running through an input/output card (I/O).

Open cockpits uses the HEX value codes within FS9 or FSX to do the same thing through their SIOC software. If you were programming the same switch through SIOC to raise and lower the gear you would have to tell the software to write values to offset 0BE8. If you want the gear to be down you would give 0BE8 a value of 16383. If you wanted the gear up the value would be 0.

FSUIPC is easier to use with an I/O card (there are a ton of threads on different ones and manufacturers' of I/O cards) because the program does all the hard work for you. All you need to tell it is use 65570. It is even easier with the FSUIPC applet within MSFS because you can select "Toggle Gear" from a drop down list.

SIOC is harder to work with but it gives you much more freedom and ability to do different things. Take the gear code of 0BE8, within SIOC you can not only raise and lower the gear but turn on lights to show the gear position. You can even make the lights go off at different times to reflect real world gear operation.

If you are a Plug & Play guy, you might want to look into Go-Flight, Opencockpits, and, FlightDeck modules. These USB devices are true plug and play.

I hope this helps you. Welcome to MyCockpits.
    John

System:
    ASUS P5Q SE/R
    Intel Q9550 O/C to 3.4 GHz
    4 GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
    300 GB WD 10,000 RPM Raptor SATA Drive
    GeForce 8800 GT 512 KB RAM
    Matrox TH2Go with three 19" Sumsung 940 BX
    IR Track 4

dear john and jake
    thank you very much i am starting to get the pionti have made a trainner and it is working very well at the moment it is with plug and play moduels.
    but have started to help freand build a airbus he dose not speak or write or undderstand good english but it seems that i have gotten more involed than him this hobbey dose do that to you so as i undersand it please correct me if i am wrong
    1 fsuipc is a program that works with i/o bords that interfaces the hardwere
    swithch that we press say (radio on)to fs to do that on intead of having to
    the key board
    2 we have to assighin with a code languege throgh fsuipc to do that
    3 its flexebuility si not so as other softwere as sico but it much more eayse
    than scio but thay do the same thing really
    4 scio is much harder but can do more reallistic thing than fsuipc delay lights and so on
    5 when we say fsuipc offsets and sico offsets it is the codes with our hadwere thrghou i/o card tells fs what to do and fs thrghou out put cards tell hard were what lights or warnig light to illuminate
    6 when we say scripts that are codes ready for a particular sim addon
    working i/o cards and fsuipc /sico or what ever other interfacing programe
    exists

this is what i undersand of all of it:
    if i am right above now i understand wuy every one gose with opencockpits
    to make it more realistic
    one last qestion guys
    alot of addons are not full functnal lets say some cockpit switches to not work with the keyboard nor with the mouse thay are just there as dummys
    in that cace do we have to find an athore add on or is there another proggrame for that
    thanks

this is what i undersand of all of it:

You have it pretty much correct. Just remember the offsets are actually in MSFS and may or may not have a keyboard equivalent, i.e, "G" for GEAR.

Some things we can not do in MSFS, either because there is no offset or no one has figured it out yet. Aircraft like the Level D Boeing series have added offsets to do functions not in MSFS. This and Project Magenta are programs running on top of MSFS. They offer additional offsets not found in MSFS.

I can't get more specific on what an what not PM & Level d can do. Being a fighter pilot, I don't fly or use those aircraft. I have dummy switches. Many of the advanced functions of a military weapons systems are not in MSFS.
    John

System:
    ASUS P5Q SE/R
    Intel Q9550 O/C to 3.4 GHz
    4 GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
    300 GB WD 10,000 RPM Raptor SATA Drive
    GeForce 8800 GT 512 KB RAM
    Matrox TH2Go with three 19" Sumsung 940 BX
    IR Track 4

6. Thanks spiro thanked for this post