Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level amagicdrag0n's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Doncaster

Hi

My name is Dave and I am just entering into the world of cockpit building.
    I am about to cut down to a 3 day week as part of our flexible retirement policy.

My retirement project is to build a BAe Hawk T.1 cockpit, based on FSX and Skysims Hawk software.

I am in the 'research' stage at the moment. I have managed to get scale drawings, but am struggling to find any information on the internal cockpit measurements.

As far as I am aware there is only one Hawk on display in a museum, Bristol I believe, so I will write to them and see if they can/will help.

I haven't had any replies to my requests to BAe yet and as its been a couple of months now, I'm not holding my breath.

I would be interested to hear other peoples opinions on the best way to move forward.
    Do you have USB gauges or other types. How does one manufacturer stack up against the other?

I would love to use original instruments, but having looked on 'tinternet for some months now I have seen very few on sale.....oh well

Regards
    Dave

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Hello from Doncaster

hawk instruments seem to be hard to come by. However simkits may be for you if you look at the website.

Welcome to the forum and please do ask any questions. Its great to have someone local with us. I'm about a 1 1/2 hour drive from you
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

hi welcome to the site from a fellow skysim hawk builder (now thers two of us) only another 7 to go and we can make a virtual red arrows display team.

my pit is more a generic military pit but with the switchology simulating the bae hawk as closely as posible. instruments are planned to use fsxpand and lcd monitors hidden behind a mdf board with cutouts . easier than trying to source actual instruments from ebay and modifing them. i like the look of the simkits but to populate a panel its too expensive for me just now.

dave from edinburgh.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level amagicdrag0n's Avatar

Thanks for the welcome people, I am sure that I will be filling the forum with many questions in the not to distant future

Regards
    Dave

Super Moderator

Hi Dave! Welcome to mycockpit.