Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Passenger Chatter and Announcments

Hello guys.

I'm making great progress with the Sim now, so I've decided that while waiting for some of my panels to arrive, I would add a few "extras" to make it a more realistic flight experience.

I'm looking to have a bit of "voice chatter" in the background, as if the passengers were talking (as they usually are) back in the cabin.

No, I'm not looking to hear actual audible words, but just that distant sound of people chattering.

My first and most obvious question would be to Airline pilots. With the engines/apu and all that good stuff running, with the cockpit door closed, can you actually hear passengers chatting at a murmer? Not words, but some kind of noise.

If it can be heard, does anybody have a noise file that could be looped and perhaps assigned to play after a button has been pushed that would trigger it?

Now my second question regards announcments the pilot gives to the passengers. There was already a thread of Flight Attendant stuff, and I plan to replicate that, but what about when the pilot makes an announcment? Is some feedback heard in their headset or comming in from the cabin behind them? Is there any way to replicate this?

Thanks for the help guys!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Re: Passenger Chatter and Announcments

Pilots can only hear air hostesses bitchin' about passengers in the galley...

Lol.....
    GA or the Highway!

3. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post

nice one alex lol!!!!
    look i got real fspassenger it is a very nice addon it has passengers screaming if you do a bit of acrobats wheels blow out on hard landings and so on give that a look next get vatsim or avio and fly on line with real atc its fun having passengers and trying to get them satisfied and having rael atc try it out if you havent yet

Coolmanak,

if you have some spare bucks, you can spend them on FSFlightKeeper, a program by Aerosoft. I like its feature to implement every sound file to be played at instances which can be defined (like: xx seconds after door closure: security instructions, yy seconds after gear-up ..., etc.) A number of sound files and english, spanish and german crew voice sets including professional flight attendants sets is included. Each sound file can be edited in a way, that you can determine its "position", if you use surround sound in your sim (i.e. a 5.1 or other system).
    There are many other features in this utility program, one is a screenshot function. You can define any key combination for taking screenshots. Have a look at the site:
    http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us...34530,D10802_1
    By the way, while on ground and the flight deck door is still open, you will certainly hear the pax chatter.

Cheers

Chris

Try some freeware, it's called Enviro and you can get it here:

http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/enviro/

Easy to handle, and you can use any sound you like. You can try the free wav's on the FSpassengers site: http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download&cat=All

Good luck

Benno

Hello Coolmanak,

I am not a pilot, but working for a major airline, I've flown dozens of times on the jumpseat. I've jumpseated on 737PG, 737NG, 747Classic, 747-400, 757, A310, F70, F100. In NONE of these aircraft you can hear a single sound coming out of the cabin during flight. The cockpit is quite a noisy environment and the sound isolation of the wall and door between the cockpit and the cabin is very good.
    If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time and financial resources on trying to get some mumbling in the background. Believe me; in real aircraft it's simply not there....

Regards,

Frank

75+ Posting Member

Alright, thanks for the advice guys.

If the engines are off, can these things be heard? IE pushback, at the gate, etc.

And how about pax announcments? With engines on/off?

In all these situations, let's assume the doors are closed.

And how about giving pax announcments? Are these audible in your own headset while giving them?

Also are the Fasten Seatbelt and NonSmoking chimes, as well as the Flight Attendant page chime and MECH buzz audible?

9. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict

Hey Coolmanak,

I'm not sure what you decided on, but here is a copy of private message that I typed for someone asking a similar question sometime ago...

I dont know which version of FS your using, but there is a free program for FS9 from RanaInside called FlightSim Manager 2.8.5. The program was available from Rana, but he is no longer in the FS world.

However, the program can still be downloaded from some of the Sim sites. It does have an issue with the dates being used on your computer; it wont work after 2005. I think there is a fix for that somewhere too. Otherwise, set your computer's date to whenever in 2004 and it'll work.

The point of me suggesting this is that you're looking for a way of doing annoucments without losing computer resources; well, FSManager has a pilot mode that will work with voice recognition. You say something like "annouce pushback delay" and the program will annouce:

"Ladies and gentlemen Ground operations are a little busy today and there may be a delay on pushback from the gate. Sorry for the inconvenience folks but we should getting underway very soon".

You can edit what it will say, as well as make your own sayings. You could edit or make it new to say "Co-pilot annouce pushback delay", and it could say "ladies and gentlemen this is your Co-pilot speaking. Ground operations...etc, etc".

There is a large list of the default annoucments. Another example would be you say "hold airspeed" and the read back would be "Autopilot air speed hold on and set off" And, it will turn on or off the airspeed hold for you.

You'll have to read the help file for understanding the verb usage and some of the other commands. Here is an excerpt from the help file:

If you have a microphone connected to your PC, you can use FSM to control Flight Simulator using voice commands.

FSM comes with a pre-built list that you can use. Once a command is recognised, FSM will send the appropriate command to Flight Simulator.

Once a command is recognised, FSM will send the specified key-stroke to Flight Simulator. You can also program a set of keystrokes (aka. macros) to perform certain actions on one command (perhaps setting the autopilot, then camera view). Also, if you have FSUIPC installed, you will see a success message on Flight Simulator.

Finally, I know there are payware type programs that do the same thing, but this program is still free and it works well (and this is only one of the multitude of functions this program can perform). If you have more questions just PM me.

John

Ps. if cannot find this program, I can send it too you somehow.

I would say fspassengers, on the site you can download extra voices and beter versions. I once downloaded a ''voice'' wich was made by a real steward (KLM i think) , but the anouncements were way to long a bit too realistic, it became boring, try it out!!!

Stijn

12. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Stijn, Which site did you get the real KLM steward voice from? Sounds good wouldn't mind trying it out as an add on for FSPassengers myself as i have FSPassengers installed
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast