Thread: Vox atc

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Vox atc

Hi All

I have just ordered VOX ATC and wondered if anyone has experience of using it and how easy to use it is? Have also bought two pairs of Saitek headphones and am wondering if you can still have the sound in the headphones AND speakers without the mic feeding back.

Any help appreciated

Muchos Ta
    Richard

75+ Posting Member

Re: Vox atc

Hi Richard,

I use VoxATC and have enjoyed using it for many years. I first had the FS9 version then moved to the FSX version.

I have added three other voices since Windows only comes with one voice. I believe the DVD version may include additional voices.

I had a few issues getting VoxATC-X to work with Rex2 since Rex2 needs a flight plan to generate weather. That has beeen resolved.

One function of VoxATC that I don't really like is the need to "read back" exactly what has been directed. Normally this is not a problem and probably is a good learning procedure. I don't have speed memory so reading back and ILS approach, while on the approach, is a bit more than I can handle. For that I have to look at the prompter.

Not trying to send you elsewhere but Avsim.com has an unofficial VoxATC support forum.

Hope this helps.

3. Thanks richard hutchinson thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

Thumbs up Re: Vox atc

Many thanks for that. Looking forward to extending the realism a bit more.

I am still on the original REX which i still love.

Thanks again
    Richard

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

I use it and love it. I enjoy the holds and the ability to use SIDs and STARs.

The only problem is my kids always come in asking me "Who are you talking to Dad?"
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by autocadplease View Post
    I use it and love it. I enjoy the holds and the ability to use SIDs and STARs.

The only problem is my kids always come in asking me "Who are you talking to Dad?"
    hi I purchased Vox atc uk. No problem installing, but every time I try to enable it keeps telling me that it does not recognise my speech recognition,
    I have speech recognition built in my system.
    Win7 64.bit / Inter(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU/ 920@
    2.67GHz / Ram 3.00GB
    64.bit
    it is very frustrating not being able to to get it to work in my FSX, as I would very much like to interact more with FSX.
    I would very much appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank.
    Michael1941

You do have to "Teach" your computer to recognize your voice. In the "control Panel" of your computer there is an icon for speech recognition. click on it and follow the directions. You will probably have to go through 4 or 5 sessions to get things working right. On a side note once you have taught you system to recognize speech you can use it to type for you in emails or word type programs.
    Regards,
    Brian
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by PDT 200 View Post
    You do have to "Teach" your computer to recognize your voice. In the "control Panel" of your computer there is an icon for speech recognition. click on it and follow the directions. You will probably have to go through 4 or 5 sessions to get things working right. On a side note once you have taught you system to recognize speech you can use it to type for you in emails or word type programs.
    Regards,
    Brian
    Hi PDT 200, thanks for your reply, I will give that a try. I have used speech recognition for about five years,not in FSX, just for writing novels. The speech recognition I've used normally he's, Dragon 10 naturally speaking, you have probably heard of it, I also have microsoft naturally speaking built into the system thank you again.
    Michael1941.