Thread: Hi =)

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi =)

Hi everyone! I'm new here (obviously), so I figured I would let all of you know a little about me. I'm 17 and I'm a senior in high school. I'm pretty smart (28 on my ACT woot!) and usually pretty mature for my age. I am pretty much obsessed with aviation; I'm the administrative and program vice president (sounds pretty nifty huh?) for an aviation explorer post (Post #1199) based at my local airport. Basically that means I'm in charge of recruiting new members and coming up with new ideas for trips and activities (like the free VFR ground schooling our entire group is going to recieve ). Currently my plans are to attend ICC for 2 years to get an associates degree in meteorology in the honors program (means I don't have to pay tuition because I did outstanding on my ACT). I'm going to ICC for 2 reasons 1) I didn't take all the necessary courses to go straight to a nice big super famous aeronautical university, which leads to reason 2) I didn't keep my grades high in high school, not lack of ability, just lazy an uninterested and didn't start actually working until it was too late. After ICC I want to go to Embry Riddle, Purdue, or U of I and get a bachelors degree as a Professional Pilot (or Aviation Technology Professional is what it was at Purdue) and pursue a career flying. So, why am I here? Well, I have a HOTAS setup, and some rudder pedals, but I just wanted to make some small little improvements of my own to my little flying escape. I would like radios and a gear lever, switches for light, and maybe a few more things will come further down the road. I have taken 2 years pre-engineering courses at my school and have worked pretty extensively with computer aided design and this year I am in a digital electronics class; these have made me confident that I now have the knowledge and skills necessary to start making these little dreams happen and I feel that this site can help me out and maybe I'll make some friends along the way Sorry for being so long winded, but thanks for reading!

Super Moderator

Re: Hi =)

Hi Dan,
    Welcome to mycockpit! Sounds like you have some ambitious plans for the future.
    Joe

10+ Posting Member

Haha, I suppose I do. I'm glad someone replied to me, I was starting to feel like maybe I typed too much lol.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheSasquatch View Post
    Haha, I suppose I do. I'm glad someone replied to me, I was starting to feel like maybe I typed too much lol.

We actually love long winded posts, it's just that we got off the weekend here so my guess is we are a bit slow today.

Which ER campus are going to?

Joe

10+ Posting Member

Not sure, I was thinking possibly Daytona (if I remember correctly) depends if I can convince the girlfriend to move with me lol

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheSasquatch View Post
    Not sure, I was thinking possibly Daytona (if I remember correctly) depends if I can convince the girlfriend to move with me lol
    Oh no Dan! Put yourself before the girlfriend. Trust me on this one.

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

I will speak from experience. Get your training and your first job first before settling down! I didn't and that is why I am flying simulators and not real 737 & 777 like the rest of the guys in my flight class!
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by autocadplease View Post
    I will speak from experience. Get your training and your first job first before settling down! I didn't and that is why I am flying simulators and not real 737 & 777 like the rest of the guys in my flight class!
    Ouch! That stinks. If I don't go to ER I can still go to Purdue or U of I or SIU or anywhere really lol. My girlfriend really supports my goals and dreams and she would move with me, she just wants to get her life on track to. I think me and her will work out a good compromise