Thread: Vatsimh

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Vatsimh

Hi all,

I am new to the world of FS and just starting to find my feet. I signed upto VATSIM a while ago as I got fed up flying 'alone', but to be honest I don't seem to be able to work out what happens when.

Whenever I logon (normally weekday evenings) there is only ever 2 or 3 manned airports in the uk and a few people flying.

Am I doing something wrong, or perhaps flying at the wrong times? Where is everyone?????

I have also been trying to work out exactly what it is I am doing. I really want to break into more complex flights but need some help with approaches and also aircraft control/operation, can anyone suggest a good place to start?

Any help/tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Executive Vice President, Administration, MyCockpit, Inc.
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Vatsimh

Hello,

There are softwares available to see where there is online traffic (ATC, Pilots) to decide a suitable place to fly. For instance in VATSIM you can usually find traffic around USA most of the times and more during the evening/ night USA time. Similarly you can also find reasonable traffic during evening as per european time. But VATSIM has consistent traffic around USA.

You can find the software http://www.metacraft.com/VATSpy/

Or simply look at this link.

The other option you have is IVAO. IVAO is similar network similar to VATSIM and tends to have more traffic around Europe, specially in the evening/ night europe time. Also there are number of events conducted by various divisions which also generates traffic. My favourite route on IVAO is EDDF - EHAM, great traffic and also excellent ATC.

You can monitor traffic on IVAO from IvAe

You can also monitor traffic on both networks from this software http://ivao.hu/dlmn/

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Vybhav

3. Thanks o76o, CrashEd, Airhogg thanked for this post