Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Syncronizing yokes or joysticks

ops I would like to ask all you bus drivers how you Syncronizing yokes or joysticks to move together. I'm talking about CH and Saitek yokes and joysticks

Thanks
    Mike
    http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Syncronizing yokes or joysticks

that's an interesting question actually... are airbus joysticks duel linked?

hmmm ... interesting.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

75+ Posting Member

Hi Mike,

I think that few people did really link the pair of yokes. You will have to be creative. One of the advertisers here sells B737 and B747 control colums / wheels and the linksystem is an option if you buy 2 colums. Expensive business.
    I bought the complete original B737 colum / wheel system for about 1500 us $, colum and wheel linkage included at

http://flightsimparts.com/index.php?...&products_id=3

There is still a complete set available at their website.

(That's a good one, Geremy )
    Last edited by dvincent; 10-11-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Adding memo

Quote Originally Posted by Geremy Britton View Post
    that's an interesting question actually... are airbus joysticks duel linked?
    No they are not, they sum up before they are reaching the flight computers. And if one of the pilots pushes the takeover pushbutton he has full control over the airplane.

Therefore he is either speaking about building an A310 (with control columns and interlinked because the lack of FBW) or he meant something electronically. Enlight us Radar!

5. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post

I want to build a cessna 182 and have the 2 CH yokes move at the same time without cables. Software or a utility would do it. You move 1 yoke and the other doe's the same. I also found this but my IQ is only a Baba

Multiple Joysticks
    On FS2000–2004, using the Joystick sections of the FSUIPC dialogue to calibrate the main flight controls, FSUIPC can also accept up to four different control inputs for each main flight control, treating them equally. You can have up to 4 aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle, left and right brake controls. FSUIPC takes the value from the input giving maximum deflection from ‗neutral‘ or ‗idle‘. There‘s no averaging, or other types of conflict resolution, taking place. You have to somehow connect up your multiple joystick axes, whether by using an EPIC card, multiple Game Ports, or multiple USB devices. FSUIPC cannot help there. Having done that, you need to find ‗spare‘ FS controls which you will not otherwise be using from joystick inputs (see the lists in my FS2000 Controls documents)—it doesn‘t matter if you will be using those controls from the keyboard. FSUIPC only pinches the joystick inputs. You have to assign the additional joystick axes, wherever they may be, to these ―spare‖ controls. Now add to the FSUIPC.INI file‘s JoystickCalibration section (add the section if necessary) a list of declarations which define the additional controls you have assigned. You define these by number. The main flight controls are defined by parameters like this: AileronB= ElevatorB= RudderB= Other parameters here can define LeftBrakeB, RightBrakeB, ThrottleB, and also C and D versions of all 6 controls, so providing up to 4 copies of each one. Note that you will need to calibrate all controls so that the ones controlling the same values are as close as possible in range and response. Do this first in Windows Control Panel, then, after making the above adjustments and assignments, in FSUIPC. Calibrate dead zones at the ends (and in the centre for aileron, elevator and rudder) to ―cover up‖ any discrepancies—in other words, calibrate for the worst of each.

Thanks

Thanks
    Mike
    http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif