Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Flying from Lexington, KY USA

Hello everybody,

I just thought that I would introduce myself and get some tips from the pros.

I'm Seth from Lexington, KY. I am currently a Beechjet 400A pilot for a private owner out of KLEX and absolutely love my job. I have been an avid flight simmer since the days of MSFS 4.0 and even when I get back from work (if you can really call it work) I can't wait to fire up my flight sim.

I usually fly the Eaglesoft Beechjet 1.5 under the Virtual Flight Options flag in FSX on vatsim (look me up sometime as OPT404), but I also enjoy flying piston twins like the Baron or Seneca. Just the other day, I sat down at my computer desk and while I was flying, I had a thought, "man wouldn't it be great if I could take these controls off of this computer desk and build something that feels a bit more like a real airplane". And here I am.

My current sim hardware is:
    CH Flight Sim Yoke (looking forward to upgrading the the PFC Beech Yoke)
    CH rudder pedals
    CH Throttle quadrant
    VRInsight M-panel
    TrackIR

I am happy with my hardware (I do want to upgrade my yoke soon) but I am looking for a way to build something very generic that will place my equipment in more of a realistic setting and work well with most all aircraft.

Any suggestions would be great.

Super Moderator

Thumbs up Re: Flying from Lexington, KY USA

Quote Originally Posted by evanss9550 View Post
    Hello everybody,

I just thought that I would introduce myself and get some tips from the pros.

I'm Seth from Lexington, KY. I am currently a Beechjet 400A pilot for a private owner out of KLEX and absolutely love my job. I have been an avid flight simmer since the days of MSFS 4.0 and even when I get back from work (if you can really call it work) I can't wait to fire up my flight sim.

I usually fly the Eaglesoft Beechjet 1.5 under the Virtual Flight Options flag in FSX on vatsim (look me up sometime as OPT404), but I also enjoy flying piston twins like the Baron or Seneca. Just the other day, I sat down at my computer desk and while I was flying, I had a thought, "man wouldn't it be great if I could take these controls off of this computer desk and build something that feels a bit more like a real airplane". And here I am.

My current sim hardware is:
    CH Flight Sim Yoke (looking forward to upgrading the the PFC Beech Yoke)
    CH rudder pedals
    CH Throttle quadrant
    VRInsight M-panel
    TrackIR

I am happy with my hardware (I do want to upgrade my yoke soon) but I am looking for a way to build something very generic that will place my equipment in more of a realistic setting and work well with most all aircraft.

Any suggestions would be great.

Hi Seth,
    An absolute pleasure to meet ya. Could not help but read that you fly the 400. In the early days I had the pleasure of taking care of a Mitsubishi Diamond. What a great ship that was. I was always impressed of the size of it once you stood next to it, it always looked a lot smaller than it was from a distance in my opinion.

Feel free to pick my brain as much as possible and also this great group of folks we have here.

Again, welcome Seth!

Joe

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Flying from Lexington, KY USA

Hi Seth,

Welcome, nice to see someone from Central KY. I live in Mt. Sterling . . sent you a message with some info. You will find a lot of info here. I am currently building a Lear if you have any questions feel free to ask . . lot of experience here so someone usually has the answer or suggestions.

Shane