Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airbus Adding Flap detents in FSUIPC

A question regarding FSUIPC how do you assign detents for example for the Default 737? I try to do it in the Buttons/switches assign but you only have Flap 1 through 4 basically anyone can help?

Thanks!

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Adding Flap detents in FSUIPC

If you are using a momentary switch then you use the FLAPS INC command in FSUIPC that will allow you to lower the flaps by each detent. To return the flaps to the up position you can either use FLAPS UP or FLAPS DEC depending whether you want the flaps all the way up at once or reduce the flaps incrementaly. Hope this helps.

Rob

Airbus Re: Adding Flap detents in FSUIPC

Hi Actually I am using independent switches for each detent so I need to add a Detent per switch... SO for example I need to make detent 1 through 9 in the 737 quad for the default 737 How I do that?

Thanks

150+ Forum Groupie

I'm not sure that you can do that. Perhaps someone else who is very knowledgeable about FSUIPC can help you out on that. There may be a way to do that with FSUIPC. However why use all those switches when you can use a single momentary switch - (on)off(on)? Seems to be more complicated with multiple switches.

Rob

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Aint't there a flap axis in FSUIPC?

Not using Pots just switches there is a way... You have to assign the value so that FSUIPC reads it... In the Case of LEVEL D the offset exists not sure if it exist on the Default 737 or other 737.... Hope someone can help if not will have to mail the man itself Pete Dawson!

Regards,

Roberto

Ok Flap is added using a Potentiometer and FSUIPC makes the rest... Now all of my detents work well except for one... How can I tell FSUIPC that the specific detent is a certain POT Value?? Or should I simply modify my detents placement?

Thanks!

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    Hi Actually I am using independent switches for each detent so I need to add a Detent per switch... SO for example I need to make detent 1 through 9 in the 737 quad for the default 737 How I do that?
    Just assign each one to the FLAPS_SET or AXIS_FLAPS_SET control with an appropriate parameter value -- normally 0 for flaps full up and 16383 for flaps full down. Generally the other 7 will be regularly spaced between those two positions, though some add-on 737's are slightly different (the PMDG one for instance has half spacing at either end, I seem to remember).

One of those two controls may take values from -16383 (flaps full up) instead of 0. I'm afraid I don't remember off-hand, and it may be different between FS9 and FSX. But it is easy enough to try different parameters will you get what you want.

BTW I am able to be much more responsive to questions about FSUIPC if you ask on my Support Forum, which I general visit many times a day.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete will do that on your Forum next time! Just one last question that is done within the FSUIPC menu or in the .cfg file??? Cause I tried that but the last Detent from 30 to 40 in my Throttles is slightly larger the distance betweeen detents so when I put it in the 30 position it goes all the way to 40 and if I move it from the 30 detent position to 20 if I leave it in the middle it will mark 30... So it might also be a mechanical issue because they are not spaced equally...

Regards

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    Thank you Pete will do that on your Forum next time! Just one last question that is done within the FSUIPC menu or in the .cfg file?
    Much easier in the options tabs, surely? Else you've got to keep referring to the Advanced Users guide to figure out parameter formats -- and I deliberately don't document them all, where the options dialogue is perfectly good enough!

Cause I tried that but the last Detent from 30 to 40 in my Throttles is slightly larger the distance betweeen detents so when I put it in the 30 position it goes all the way to 40 and if I move it from the 30 detent position to 20 if I leave it in the middle it will mark 30... So it might also be a mechanical issue because they are not spaced equally...
    Sorry, none of that makes sense to me in relation to the query I was answering, which is the one where you have 9 separate switches, one for each flap position. Remember? You said:

"I am using independent switches for each detent so I need to add a Detent per switch"
    If you are now using a continuous axis, then the flaps detente calibration facilities in FSUIPC's calibration section, not the assignments section (and again, in the Options, not the INI file) will cope with any linear or non-linear axis inputs. You actually calibrate a region for each detente, so even if the axis values vary a little it can still cope.

Regards
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast