150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thumbs up You want panels??

Hi Guys

I have been searching for a company in South Africa that will be willing to make me panels - i.e. with a CNC at a reasonable cost.

Now i have found one that is willing to make one-offs but at a cost - even though better than anywhere else - this is primarily for setup. I have a meeting with them next week Thursday to discuss some options. I have sent them pics of panels and dimensions etc and basically asked about printing this all on Lexan (see pics attached) but they may have some better ideas!!!

The short of it is that I could supply panels at a fraction of the cost as their overhheads are VERY low! Their quality is excelent and is used by MANY LARGE chain stores and equipment manufacturers.

Now, all dependent on my meeting on Thursday, I should be able to get some samples in a couple of weeks of small panels - i.e. MCP and EFIS to use as examples.

Would anyone be interested?? If so I could setup a storefront online and orders could be processed. Only glitch is I can't use paypal in South Africa - only bank transfers/moneygrams etc...

I can promise, from what he has said, this will be low production rate HIGH quality!! and FANTASTIC pricing!!

If anyone is interested please PM me!! I will typically/initially be focusing on 737 panels BUT if there is interest I will pay to get airbus panels made too.

Another question - does anyone have access to ACCURATE CAD etc files with precise dimensions and measurements for panels that can be used in the CNC setup and Lexan printing. What will also be done are Lexan labels for annunciators etc...

PM me.....

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: You want panels??

I have just recieved a message which prompted me to add another message:

I will not be advertising pricing etc - i am simply letting the community know and to contact me if interested via PM and I will direct to the appropriate forum/site.

The intention was not a commercial one but a flightsimmer wanting to help other simmers.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: You want panels??

I guess this should realy be moved to the selling/classified forum? Anyways - I will meet with the guys on Thursday/Friday next week and they are prepared to make a couple of samples which i can send to anyone around the world. Typically this would be to guys like Mike Powell etc - people that matter

The guys have made panels and labels for military appications amongst other things. If anyone is interested in this, let me know and i shall keep you in the loop.

They are also going to plan some "budget" stuff for people (like me) who cannot afford the expensive stuff - sort of completed items and panels but may still need to be drilled etc but complete in terms of labeling etc

4. Thanks tpdola2 thanked for this post