Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: MOTION PLATFORMS!!!!! can U build wun?

Quote Originally Posted by IanH1960 View Post
    Hi Mirage,

Do you have the full spec number of the valve you are using?

Ian
    Hellow Ian !
    - by very hard way I find spec number "atos" DLHZO-TE-040-L53 / M / 31

75+ Posting Member

Hi Mirage,

According to the valve data sheet the "TE" reference indicates a valve with integrated electronics. Is the card in your diagram attached to the value?

Assuming it is, the data sheet indicates the connections are as per section 6 and I would imagine the important inputs are the +/- V demand inputs (pins D & E) and the 0V zero (pin C), however I don't think there is a great deal of explanation given as to how the three pins should be used. Perhaps the flow demand is the voltage difference across D & E (up to +/- 10V) and C can be used to set zero?

Out of interested here is the data sheet for the separate controller for the valve - have a look at diagram 11 which shows the overall control system - I would guess the integrated controller on your valve is similar.

http://www.hydropack.nl/fileadmin/pdf/02G140.pdf

It looks like a closed loop position control of the spool using a position feedback from the built-in transducer and a PID calculation for solenoid current?

Have you asked Atos for clarification of the input signals for your TE version?

Ian

EDIT - on second reading I don't think pin C is for setting zero - it looks like a common ground reference.
    Last edited by IanH1960; 10-19-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added note

3. Thanks Mirage thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Re: 3DOF-MOTION control

Quote Originally Posted by IanH1960 View Post
    Hi Mirage,
    According to the valve data sheet the "TE" reference indicates a valve with integrated electronics. Is the card in your diagram attached to the value?
    Assuming it is, the data sheet indicates the connections are as per section 6 and I would imagine the important inputs are the +/- V demand inputs (pins D & E) and the 0V zero (pin C), however I don't think there is a great deal of explanation given as to how the three pins should be used. Perhaps the flow demand is the voltage difference across D & E (up to +/- 10V) and C can be used to set zero?
    Out of interested here is the data sheet for the separate controller for the valve - have a look at diagram 11 which shows the overall control system - I would guess the integrated controller on your valve is similar.
    http://www.hydropack.nl/fileadmin/pdf/02G140.pdf
    It looks like a closed loop position control of the spool using a position feedback from the built-in transducer and a PID calculation for solenoid current?
    Have you asked Atos for clarification of the input signals for your TE version?
    Ian
    EDIT - on second reading I don't think pin C is for setting zero - it looks like a common ground reference.
    Thanks Ian 100-x for helping !!! sorry for delay answer, to answer I need study and collect some information.

Yesterday I visit local market try find proportional valve, in market I find just standard “bang-bang” valves, but proportional valve I have to order and wait minimum two weeks, it’s very long time …, and I need your advice and some solution?! there is some way to using normally (NO-NC) “bang-bang” hydraulic valve, and get some good result to move 3DOF? for example following by this knowledge - I make some test, for main coil I connect 12vDC, cylinders start move with hard hydraulic impact, but when I connect 7,5 vDC cylinders start move by normally way(Slow , and without hydraulic impact) getting this practical result, I have some questions for guru:
    1) if it’s very easy controlling directional valve by “CURRENT”
    1.1) - why we need to use “INTEGRAL ELECTRONIC” (difficult find in market)
    - We can use normally NO/NC (bang-bang) valve and “EXTERNAL” assemble power supply with regulating current from “0” to “12vD, to regulating hydraulic flow?!
    1.2) - We don’t need “POSITION TRANSDUSER” we can close loop with external magnetic “POSITION SENSOR” it’s correct?
    - can you give me some more idea about “open loop & close loop” plz. ?! if I understand correct idea, to closing loop
    a) I can connect magnetic sensor output voltage (-/+10vDC) sequential with proportional valve control input +/-10vDC ? (pin D,E) from controller come just digital signal 10vDC ON/OFF

b) in my situation with K-8061 board I have connect magnetic position sensors to analog input: - and by programming way give some order for e.g. – if for analog input (from magnetic position sensor) come 5V - for analog output give maximum current (e.g. 10vDC) if analog input come (1vDC (down position) OR 9vDC(upper position) => reduce the current until 0vDCand perplex the program step-by step, or variant
    c) from your side

Best regards Den

10+ Posting Member

Plz.check the attached file, there is some more configuration....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Plz.check the attached file, there is some more configuration....
    No more No more!!

My wife thinks I am crazy already!! No bungie cords, no timber struts/frames, no noisy motors etc, no sitting in an 'X Files' enclosure!! no going to college to learn about advanced electronics!!

I am going the transducer route using a large amplifier, and several speakers modified to act as transducers. The cockpit may not move, but the pilot will truly think it is!! I will be flying an Otter which makes this sort of racket anyway!

Good luck to the geeks and purists!

TONY.

10+ Posting Member

Wink Re: MOTION PLATFORMS!!!!! can U build wun?

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    ....... using a large amplifier, and several speakers modified to act as transducers
    plus hydraulic oil station approx300L.+pump motor not less than 18KWt. Plus 2 subwoofers + 2 x3kW Vibration motors + 2 x3kW wind blower = full option Environmental Effects (EFX) for you (as pilot) and for yours neighbors for feeling full option life near with airport

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    plus hydraulic oil station approx300L.+pump motor not less than 18KWt. Plus 2 subwoofers + 2 x3kW Vibration motors + 2 x3kW wind blower = full option Environmental Effects (EFX) for you (as pilot) and for yours neighbors for feeling full option life near with airport
    What's all this??????????

10+ Posting Member

Thumbs up Re: MOTION PLATFORMS!!!!! can U build wun?

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    What's all this??????????
    All this is just some options of 5D-cinema theatres
    3D = 3D motion picture e.g. IMAX, DOLBY-3D, REAL-D theatres
    4D = plus motion base
    5D = Environmental Effects (EFX) wind, smoke, strobe light, shakers ,vibrators, leg ticklers, but kickers etc…
    There is some link http://modlabs.net/node/1532 one Russian men fabricate some kind device, sound frequencies between vibrator and subwoofer, following by replying posts http://www.vegalab.ru/forum/showthre...?t=2566&page=7 sound you can’t here just feel… !!! And neighbors cannot understand why dishes, plate & tea-cups jingle and shifting ?
    EFX-devices is newsworthy subject to discuss about !

P.S. if I'm kidding, plz. don't panic, because my English is not well

75+ Posting Member

Re: 3DOF-MOTION control

Den,

I'm afraid my knowledge of hydraulic valves does not deserve the title of Guru!

However a couple of things to think about. If the force applied by the solenoid is proportional to current (just as the torque generated by an electric motor is proportional to current) then holding a set spool position will require raising the current to move the solenoid and then reducing it again when it reaches the desired position so that the spool movement stops where it is required to. If the set position is changing all the time then the problem of controlling solenoid force becomes quite complicated.

Also if the loading on the spool (say from varying hydraulic pressure) changes then the solenoid force must be adusted to balance the forces - otherwise the spool moves away from the set position and the flow rate changes.

Some sort of local closed loop control is probably required in the valve because varying current (or voltage) does not directly control solenoid position - it probably controls solenoid force, and this force must be varied sensitively to move and hold the spool position (especially in the face of varying hydraulic loading - although the data sheet indicates these are not pressure compensated valves, ie self adjusting in the face of changing line pressure).

There are several ways of actuating motion platform movement - but they will all have in common the same aim of producing as smooth a motion as is possible. Otherwise the platform ride will not feel right for the pilot. I would guess that choppy hydraulic controls might result in flow rate (and so speed) changes in the actuators that will transfer through into a bumpy motion of the platform.

Hydraulic systems are well known for their smoothness, but I guess there is a lot going on inside a proportional flow control valve (even when it isn't a pressure compensated servo valve).

But then again - I could be wrong!

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12