Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Tentative - 767 Throttle Quadrant Availability

Hello to everyone. Before I go any further, I'd like to stress that this item's availability is tentative. I make no promises at this time, but the source is well known to me and I trust that it will indeed come into my possession in the next couple of weeks.

This quadrant is coming from a -200 that was written off due to a cockpit fire, and I had a chance to inspect it today. It is entirely intact, with all controls (throttles, speedbrake & flap handles, trim switches, fuel levers) present. While it does exhibit some smoke staining, the amount is fairly minimal and should prove easy to clean up. Markings appeared to be highly legible, and no burn damage was noted.

Of course, a picture would be better, and should the plans of transfer to me occur as I anticipate, I'll post a couple up.

Again, this is only an announcement of tentative availability. I just wanted to get the word out for those working on a build that could use this component. Once in my possession, the item's condition will be reevaluated and a selling price will be determined. Anyone that expresses an interest will be noted for future reference and this post will be updated accordingly.

Regards,

Al

2. Thanks Drewsta, project 727 thanked for this post

Re: Tentative - 767 Throttle Quadrant Availability

You just know that my hand has gone up!! I'm currently building a 767-300 cockpit. I'd love to see a pic or 2 when your able. Please keep me in mind when and if it becomes available.

Thanks

Drewsta

Re: Tentative - 767 Throttle Quadrant Availability

Will do, Drewsta. And for you & all the other parties who have contacted me, an update:

I believe solid info should be forthcoming this Friday on whether or not this transfer will occur. Per the schedule, that's when all scavenging is supposed to be complete and they move onto the physical demolition of the plane.

Because of the general interest of this quadrant, I thought I'd give a little info on it's likely condition. Understand I say likely because when I viewed it, it was in a darkened cockpit. I am going with what I am seeing in the one part I already took home a few days ago, something that appeared to be in a condition comparable to the throttle quadrant.

This 767, as previously mentioned, had a fire in the cockpit. Started at the aft bulkhead and ran right up thru the roof. The entire after bulkhead and overhead were ruined, as was the avionics that sit behind the copilot. Everything else seemed untouched except by smoke and soot.

Following is a picture of the pilot's smoke mask, which I am planning to keep for myself. As you can see, this is a genuine flightdeck part.

Now here is a close up of the face of the same component. As you can see, it is pretty grimy from all the exposure to smoke and soot, but is otherwise undamaged.

Finally, this is a picture after I spend just a few minutes removing grime from the right door. There was considerable improvement in the area that I cleaned using (believe it or not) just water and a paper napkin.

Again, not trying to get too far ahead here, but because I have had several inquiries, I wanted to give a little more insight on it's likely condition to those who have contacted me.

Regards,

Al