Thread: 787 mcp

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

787 mcp

Hi All,

Looking to build a 787 MCP but need to source the displays to fit into the back of the unit. I have all the rotry bits and switches I think but I'm at a loss for the displays as they seem to be a little bigger than most MCP's and not your normal AlphaNumeric type.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: 787 mcp

the 787 displays are an odd shape, basically they have 2 displays in there, the bottom row is the pre select display, this is the display that adjusts as you move the appropriate knob, then you press the "XFER" button and the top and bottom rows swap over, the top row is larger than the bottom row, but off hand i dont know there exact sizes.

I think its just a case of using the standard 7 segment led displays, i use the .36" displays http://www.lc-led.com/View/itemNumber/424 , see attached pic below, but if you use the .4" displays for the top row with a bit of clever enginering im sure you could get them to fit with decent results.

the window size in the attached pic is 51X 25mm

However have you looked into the option of using opencockpits LCD card, that would give you better results http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/...ml?cPath=21_29

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 09-17-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: placed pic in thread
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Philip Lambert

747-400? nah probably 767 now, FS9, FDT simboards , dunnow about software yet

www.simvionics.co.uk

3. Thanks dnoize, autocadplease thanked for this post