25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New project coming soon !

Hi all,

Well since I sold my F27 I've been thinking long and hard about whether I should leave the flight sim community. I've been in this position before, but I just can't seem to get away from it.

Anyway, I'm in discussion with a company that is going to make me an AV-8B Harrier cockpit using moulds taken from the real thing.

I've tried quite hard to get hold of a real one, but as you can imagine, they're pretty rare and expensive ( 3 to 4 k for a bare cockpit ) add to that transport costs and you are getting into big money without even starting on the inside of the sim.

This will a GRP nose shell, not a bad thing since av8b's are carbon fibre anyway, available with or without the intakes ( hmm, should I or shouldn't I ? )

The shell will be much easier transport so I'll save there too.

Being a single seater with predominantly 3 main screens for the panel, I will have less work than the big airliner projects, so I should have the time to make progress.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty excited, and hoping to get started in around the end of October .

Dean
    AV-8B Sim Builder. If it won't hover, don't bovver

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: New project coming soon !

Sounds quite cool. I should think the control structure is going to be complex. I've looked at the Harrier's cockpit on several occasions it being a fav of mine. Sounds like quite the challenging build.

You may find the having the actual parts will make it a bit harder then if you started from scratch because while the actual aircraft has room for all the controls you have to add in much that wouldn't have been there. Forcing you to find space..

Should be quite impressive when your done though and a very sim worthy subject to take on. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for your updates.

I'm build a Cessna T206H so no VTOL on my bird LOL...
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian