Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Show Us Your GA Pit!

look around in here, its not as complex as it might look, and brings you to the next level. (food for thoughts)

2. Thanks memorgan thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Thanks, the more I look into this, the more I think I need to slow down and try to figure out what I need to be doing for the future, rather than just blundering in to getting something that looks ice, but has stunted operability. I also need to be careful not to get my ambitions mixed up with my capabilities ! I think I could do worse than atleast trying to pick up some programming. Not sure which is the best to learn though. As you say, looking on the forum should give me some solid pointers. Thanks for the support by the way.

150+ Forum Groupie

Many of us started with "very limited skills" when we got into pit building. Not knowing any better, we forged ahead, and now find ourselves at the top of a mountain looking down at all the knowledge and capability we've gained....but always with one eye towards the next mountain.

Learning how to program is the single most important thing you can do to further your sim-building capabilities. I can heartily recommend Python, which I am still using for most of my interface code (even my OpenGL glass instrument software). Both X-Plane and FSX (FSUIPC) have Python interface modules available. I've also heard that Ruby and Lua are similar languages with similar capabilities, though I have not used them.

You'd also do well to learn at least the basics of C or C++, though you'll probably find it easier to start with Python initially.

Custom programming is the glue that holds my sims together.

Matt

Here is my Mini Tecnam panel nearly finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Finished Mini Tecnam Panel Started painting flightsim rig, should be finished next week for final setup the week after. Watch this space. This panel has only cost me about 30 pounds to make, the biggest expense being the 2 small screens.

10+ Posting Member

Here's my GA pit currently. I'm using the LCD TV for instruments and the 3 AOC I2757H 27" monitors. The smaller 17" monitors will be mounted level with the other three for the left and right views. I'm hoping to run the 3 forward views and instruments off of my GTX970 and using another PC as a wide view client for the left and right views. I'm sure there will be many changes before I'm finished

*not sure why the picture is upside down. If I pull it up in my photo library it looks right side up.
    Last edited by Live2Fly; 01-14-2016 at 03:32 AM. Reason: trying to fix picture being upside down.
    PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 1 TB SATA III + 120 GB SSD | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4 GB

I was reading the most recent posts in this thread and decided to look back. It's been about 5 years since I posted pics of my pit so I figure I'm long overdue. So here it is as of today.

I've actually had the pleasure and priviledge of putting it on display at the New England Air Museum in Hartford CT a couple times and it will be back there again this coming June for FlightSimCon 2016. If you are going to Flight Sim Con please stop by, say Hi, and take a test flight.

I'm still a ways off from finishing the build but most of what's left is all big ticket items like projectors and screen for the 180 wrap around view, force feedback, mechanical guages to replace the projected guages, etc. So the build has slowed down somewhat while I try to save money for those items.

https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

Hello all! I've seen such great cockpits on here that I feel a little silly posting mine. However, I feel accomplished tonight because I just completed my Glare Shield project!! See links below for the final product and step by step progress as I built it! It is nice to have everything integrated finally!

Final product: http://imgur.com/gallery/Nxycy
    Step by step: http://imgur.com/gallery/w2PZ9

Holy cow, how did you go about chopping up the Saitek Switch Panel?! I'd love to have my gear lever on the right side where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon1 View Post
    Here's a couple of pics of my dashboard. It's set in place on the monitor to check fit. I'm working on the radio faceplate sticker right now. I figured it was going to be cheaper, easier and more precisely done to draw it out and print it on a full page sticker than any other method I've come across. Next phase is to wire the switches and dials to the keyboard IC that will be running it all. I also chopped up my Saitek switch panel for a more realistic look. Still hoping to have the flight chair (in it's most current upgade stage) ready by years end.
    John

Holy cow, how did you go about chopping up your Saitek Switch Panel?! I'd love to have my gear lever on the right side where it belongs.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast