25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

LCD Cockpit - TH2GO ?

Im in the process of building a home cockpit and would like to use 3 19" screens as the main instrument panel. Basically left monitor (capt. view) , center monitor (fuel, GPS, etc) , and right monitor (co-pilot view). As of now i am using a 40" for main outside view. I had a spare 20" lcd which I hooked up to my 2nd DVI output on video card , and dragged the 2D instrument panel to this monitor, which worked out well. So, if i get a TH2GO , will it allow me to drag different instruments and panels to each LCD , or will it display the same instrument across all 3 lcd's. Basically , will TH2GO allow me to place different instruments on different screens. The other option would be to get a second video card with 2 dvi outputs, which would give me a total of 4 seperate dvi outputs between both cards. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Re: LCD Cockpit - TH2GO ?

The TH2GO will give you an extended desktop of e.g. 3072 x 768 (basically 3 times a 1024 x 768 screen/monitor); the TH2GO can handle larger pixel sizes, just refer to their website.

This means you can drag and drop basically anything you want to any spot on this extended desktop. So, in short, what you want do will definately work using the TH2GO.

Adding a second video card may or may not work depending on the power of your machine. There have been quite a few discussions about this subject on this forum. Just do a search on TH2GO or Graphics cad and you will find loads of good information.

Cheers,

Martin
    2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 3 GB Mem ATI HD 3650
    Vista/FS9.1/PMDG747/UTEurope/MEGAX Frankfurt/Cloud9 EHAM

Flying is easy: move the stick forward - houses get bigger. Pull the stick back - houses get smaller again

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Like what Martin said it will work, but your performance/framerates will be terrible running all that from one computer. FSX doesn't take advanatge of the video card's GPU/memory well. FSX performance is really CPU dependant. This is why most of us run networked computers running different displays.

I have my main FSX computer running TH2GO outside display, two separate computers running Project Magenta's Boeing PFD/ND/EICAS, another computer running Project Magenta's CDU. All networked with FSUIPC/WideFS. The network computers are just bare bones with a low end video card that supports OpenGL. My CDU computer is a Pentium III-333mhz!
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

If you use the Triplehead2go to display the instruments across all three screens you will have to do this in windows mode and FSX takes a big performance hit running in windows mode. The better option would be a second GPU and run each monitor individually in full screen mode.

25+ Posting Member

So, if I drag an individual instrument (ie. GPS, radios, throttle) from the 2d drop down cockpit tab to a seperate monitor and click/drag to resize , each one will be in it's own individual window mode so to speak. The weird thing is I played around and dragged the whole 2d panel to a 2nd monitor (20") and had the virtual cockpit displayed on the main monitor ( 40" samsung hdtv ) without any performance hit. I guessing though if I connect 3 monitors, and start dragging instrument's , then I will see a performance hit. I have to admit that the AMD 955 BE @ 3.8 ghz handles FSX very well.