Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kai Tak IGS 13 Landing (Video)

Chris,
    How much does SOL7 software cost, I can't find a link to that info? Additionally does it come on DVD or is there a downloadable version? How exactly do you use it? Is it complicated with a learning curve or lot of messing around? Thanks for iinfo

Tim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    Chris,
    How much does SOL7 software cost, I can't find a link to that info? Additionally does it come on DVD or is there a downloadable version? How exactly do you use it? Is it complicated with a learning curve or lot of messing around? Thanks for iinfo

Tim
    Haven't used it yet, but bought it anyway. Here is a quote from an e-mail I received from Andy Boud (very nice person to deal with)

"Our usual process has been providing an evaluation first so you can try
    it out to see if it meets your requirements. If this is of interest,
    we'd be happy to set-up a download account for you. Then, for those
    users who have expressed an interested to purchase a full license, we
    have some details here (including pricing which is approx 1/10 of the
    commercial release):
    http://immersaview.com/PayPalHomeSim.html "

Maurice

Thanx Maurice,
    So about $450 thats not too bad if it really makes a big difference, which it seems too.Dang , only problem I have is for some reason my motherboard dies, I have to buy a whole new SOL7

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mauriceb View Post
    Haven't used it yet, but bought it anyway. Here is a quote from an e-mail I received from Andy Boud (very nice person to deal with)

"Our usual process has been providing an evaluation first so you can try
    it out to see if it meets your requirements. If this is of interest,
    we'd be happy to set-up a download account for you. Then, for those
    users who have expressed an interested to purchase a full license, we
    have some details here (including pricing which is approx 1/10 of the
    commercial release):
    http://immersaview.com/PayPalHomeSim.html "

Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    only problem I have is for some reason my motherboard dies, I have to buy a whole new SOL7

Tim
    Nope, I'm pretty sure you can ask for a new key based on my communication with Andy (same as PM). Just send him an e-mail and I'm pretty sure he will confirm that.

Maurice

75+ Posting Member

Just expanding on what Maurice said... the folks at Immersaview are great. Absolutely first class.

The warping interface is really intuitive. You basically start with a large checkerboard over the entire screen, with points along the edges to 'warp' it to fit the screen. You add more points along the way, moving and stretching, until the checkerboard fits the screen perfectly, and all squares are the same size. For good measure, once you've done this, the software also provides a facility to overlay a JPG image across the entire setup (a 3840x1024 screenshot from FS9 worked perfectly) to make sure the edges line up and there are no strange warping artifacts that were less noticeable with the checkerboard.

SOL7 also allows easy correction for extreme keystoning, projectors at extreme angles, etc.; all things to keep in mind, especially if you're gonna be using short throw beamers.

The software converted to about US$360 for me, which is a steal for what it does. When you really think about it, it takes every pixel MSFS is generating (3,932,160 of them in my configuration), and remaps them exactly how YOU tell it to, 40 times per second, with absolutely no performance decay. That's pretty incredible!

Huge thanks need to be showered in the direction of Andy and his team for committing to this community by providing the HomeSim version at such a reasonable price. My curved screen would have been impossible without this software, and as I told Andy, it's the best money I've spent on the sim thus far.
    Chris Kilroy
    737NG Builder - Henderson, NV USA

By the way Chris, based on your great pictures in Jetphotos.net & railpictures.net, you must have what I would consider a real dream job. I would assume that this is your full time job, or else, your other job must be a dream job as well to allow you the time to take all these great aviation & railway pictures.

I'm not ashamed to admit, I am really jealous indeed. But how do you find the time to build a simulator as well??

Maurice

25+ Posting Member

Warvet,
    The best investment I made is SOL7.

75+ Posting Member

By the way Chris, based on your great pictures in Jetphotos.net & railpictures.net, you must have what I would consider a real dream job. I would assume that this is your full time job, or else, your other job must be a dream job as well to allow you the time to take all these great aviation & railway pictures.

I'm not ashamed to admit, I am really jealous indeed. But how do you find the time to build a simulator as well??
    Ha.. well, I'm truly flattered, Maurice. Thank you for the nice comments! But even though I own JetPhotos and RailPictures, those aren't my full time job. I'm also the Director of Operations for a company called ADI, which makes the 1/400 and 1/200 scale models under the brand name GeminiJets. I'm sure some of you here have heard of them, or even collect them.

I'm lucky enough in life that all of my "jobs" are in fields I enjoy. I have the job at Gemini, run 5 websites about planes and trains (my two hobbies), and do some contract/freelance photography work for the Alaska Railroad and a few other railroads. Supposedly, I'm also the official contract photographer for US Airways (and have been for 3 years), but I have yet to see any work out of that one, although I have about 50 hours in their Phoenix 757 sim because of it.

As for time to work on the sim; well, I make time. I'm lucky that my girlfriend is really tolerant of it, since she's always here. She'll sit and watch HGTV for 4 hours in the evenings while I work on it, and never complain. In fact, she came in while I was on approach to PDX the other night and worked the flaps and gear for me. Pretty soon I'll have her fully trained as an F/O, even though I'd rather have her coming in with a tray (with some sort of mixed drink on it) and a F/A uniform.

I told her I was going to wire the F/A call button to text her cellphone once my overhead arrives. She was, shall we say, "less than amused."
    Chris Kilroy
    737NG Builder - Henderson, NV USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12