Thread: You.

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

You.

Hi guys,

Please direct me to it if there is already a thread on this...I would imagine there is one but I cannot for the life of me find it!

As a relative newbie to this site I am absolutely fascinated by the level of expertise and variety that some of you guys show, true craftsmen and yet very knowledgeable in all things aviation. I therefore would like to know a bit more about you all personally...your age, experiences, dayjobs etc.

I will start with myself...am at the ripe age of 22, and work in the aviation industry for the leading producer and supplier of charting, flight-planning and navigation database solutions (if anyone can guess who that is!)...

I have been saving for 2 years and am in a position where hopefully next summer I will be able to go out to Orlando for 3 weeks and undertake my JAA PPL. I don't have an 'end-goal' in terms of a flying career...with the way the industry is I feel it might be risky...but the whole area fascinates me and I will certainly add to the ratings as my budget allows. Will I get as far as an airline? Maybe not, but one on one PPL instructing is one of my eventual aims...I just love to help people!

How about you?

75+ Posting Member

Re: You.

I am 41 father of 2 kids...

I am a webmaster and just an aviation fanatic!

This is as close as i will get from flying a true plane..

36 year old father of 2 kids aswell. Been a Police Officer for 12 years and Aviation is my passion. Been simming since the old Commodore 64C days and haven't stopped ever since.
    Regards,

Efrain "E" Ruiz (HondaCop)
    LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org

47 Happily Married,Father of 5 . My youngest son just completed his 3rd Oversees Combat deployment in the Gulf and is heading to Astan in Feb for a 12 mos run just promoted to PO1 Flight Ops at 22 yrs old. I am Martial arts Instructor School Owner & Own Wilderness Survival Training School an am Head Instructor. International Bodyguard and Private Military Contractor. Train Law enforcement Fed, State,Local, Special forces Military and Corrections as well as general Public.Aside from that am part owner of a Fitness Equipment Company and am writing a WWII movie script. Private Pilot and sim enthusiast. Have allot of my former full sized A340 sim operational still, but far from its former glory.However still fly as much as I can.Otherwise just a simple guy who loves wilderness survival, outdoors and enjoying family.

Tim

300+ Forum Addict

I`m 44 father of 2
    Planner & purchaser for an international winchcompany, before that ship mechanic and golfclubmaker.
    greetz

42 Year old Father of one. I live very close to EGNX and work for Rolls-Royce Civil Aero Engines as a Technologist in engine health monitoring.
    Currently building a Learjet45 Simulator.

I'm 44, husband, and father of two. I am a Tech Supervisor with a telecom company in Colorado USA. Recently acquired 727 shell and am working very hard to prepare it as a simulator.

Regards,
    Steve

http://www.727sim.jlkfree.com

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

25. Ex Marine w/ 2 mid-east combat tours. Currently working on a PC-12 cockpit. Employed as a cook right now. Plan to attened college and earn a A&P

75+ Posting Member

Hi,
    31 yo, Father of 2 girls. Happily married and have worked in aviation my whole life. started out with an apprentiship with QANTAS airways Limited here in OZ.( Crap company to work for. Treat you like garbage.) my experience anyway. Am an Aircraft maintenance engineer by trade. Moved into light aircraft and got my maintenance licences. Then worked on contract for 3 months with Virgin Blue. Now working in the Royal Australian Air Force. Base trade Aircraft Technician and currently working as a weapons specalist. I have got my PPL with twin and tailwheel endorcements and night rating. Also a qualified Rescue Scuba Diver. Like many others an aviation fanatic, which has led me to building a sim. B737.
    Trevor

I am a 29 yo father of 2. EX NAvy ABF (Fueler). Working at Van nuys airport as a fueler. Finishing up my a&p, so hopefully can stop fueling. I am building a generic sim using anything I can scrounge up or make myself, Sig says it all.
    I'm not replicating anything, because I like to fly everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1LP3xxn0Q

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast