10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Controling the PMDG 737 Overhead panel

Quote Originally Posted by mounty View Post
    Hi Mark,

Even if PMDG come up with an SDK, I'm not sure it will be as easy as what you have descibed so far. Not only that bust as you say it can be applied to any twin jet. My guess is that people won't have tuo buy PMDG, they can use the default with other addon software and your board/solution. I would think there is a good market for this.

Rob
    Yep any twin engined Jet.
    I use PMDG because I have the FMC by engravity and the CPFlight MCP and expantion board. etc. But any setup will work because the logic board relies
    on ONLY stock FS offsets
    As for the Market Well who knows. I have had 3 aproaches in the last 24hrs from companies offering to distribute it if we get it into prodution so there is some interest.

Mark

Executive Vice President, Administration, MyCockpit, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by mdeponeo View Post
    Hey !
    Thanks for the WOW!!!

Just let me put this in perspective. We are not trying to compete here with PM. We are not PM builders or bashers
    We are just saying in this case there is a cheaper way to get your overhead working . Most of us cant afford PM as we are just home builders
    And its not Just the Software , Its all the interfacing hardware that goes with it. And lets face it some of it dont work as it's suposed to anyway and
    costs a fortune.
    This alternative way I'm sure will have a few critics from the PM camp
    giving it a good bashing. and we will still be the poor relatives
    But at the end of the day its cost right?
    but most important IT WORKS!!
    its proved possible to get the overhead locked to the PMDG overhead with all the switches and anunciators working as they should.
    Its proved possible to display correct Voltage , Current and availability
    on 7 segment displays. Its possible to drive gauges. (even if they are not in the software) we can drive six packs , anything realy is possible useing this technique.
    Even if you are using the stock FS 737 it will still work. (minus the sexy sounds you get with PMDG)

Glad I got that off my chest

Thanks fot the suport
    Mark

Mark totally appreciate your views here. If i just talk from my point of view 'a limited budget home cockpit builder' i like the idea and hope one day we will be able to purchase this at an affordable prices.

Regards
    Vybhav

300+ Forum Addict Anderson/SBSP's Avatar

This board make all overhead annunciators work? You can give more details?

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

hello anderson.......
    what mark did was sit down and emulate the exact behaviour of the overhead starting at the bottom. there is a hierarchy in the logic of the overhead which dictates what happens when certain criteria are met. e.g from ground power only thru to in flight fully powered up there is a sequence of events that make certain things happen and illuminate or extinguish paticular annunciators.
    the first time i saw it working i was blown away and that was just the prototype
    once you have the logic sorted, it then becomes possible to control all the systems as they actually are controlled.
    i have a working model on my workbench and watching it work, i honestly think he is onto a winner here.
    so in short to answer your question, it is possible to control just about everything.
    all the words in the world cannot do this justice. you have to see it working, it's just brilliant.
    regards ... ian.
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

300+ Forum Addict Anderson/SBSP's Avatar

Great Ian!! Please i first in the line to buy my board!! hehehehe

Make more videos or pics to show this wonderfull piece of gold!!!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Let me start out by saying I am a PM user from way back. I think this is a wonderful development for all pit builders especially the ones not building a 737 / A3xx! Because get away from those 2 aircraft and there is not much out there to work with for logic. Price is always a huge issue for the home builder. I know when these become ready I will be in line for one. Great work!!
    Bob Reed

10+ Posting Member

Wink Re: Controling the PMDG 737 Overhead panel

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Let me start out by saying I am a PM user from way back. I think this is a wonderful development for all pit builders especially the ones not building a 737 / A3xx! Because get away from those 2 aircraft and there is not much out there to work with for logic. Price is always a huge issue for the home builder. I know when these become ready I will be in line for one. Great work!!
    Thanks Bob,
    I must admit I'm amazed at the positive responce from everyone
    even got a PM user interested eh
    Im starting to believe there realy is a demand out there for this .
    We are working very hard here to make this happen .
    The only delay we have is getting this thing moved on from prototype
    to a profesional looking piece of kit. without the cost running away
    We have a few ways lined up for this and we should be in a better
    posision at the November show to start talking leed times and most
    important -cost and We are shooting for the lowest possible .

Mark

150+ Forum Groupie

Oh there definately is a demand for it. I was/am a home builder and built a prototype panel to give me lights, engines and MCP control. The bug bit me and ran off with most of my money so now i am busy with a 737/generic cockpit (based on 737) but with limited space and money - i am married!! LOL

So i am building HALF (captain side) a cockpit with part of a pedestal and an overhead. How would this compare with FSBUS as i am busy awaiting the components...

WOuld it be available as a "self build" download ciircuit board and buy and program components etc? How would you envisage selling this?? Especially for people with LESS money

Anyways - from the video I would be interested. I also hope PMDG get a FSX version of 737 out soon!!! I love heavies but reasonalble build would be generic as i fly A3xx, B7xx, Antonov etc

GREAT "product"!!!

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by shearder View Post
    Oh there definately is a demand for it. I was/am a home builder and built a prototype panel to give me lights, engines and MCP control. The bug bit me and ran off with most of my money so now i am busy with a 737/generic cockpit (based on 737) but with limited space and money - i am married!! LOL

So i am building HALF (captain side) a cockpit with part of a pedestal and an overhead. How would this compare with FSBUS as i am busy awaiting the components...

WOuld it be available as a "self build" download ciircuit board and buy and program components etc? How would you envisage selling this?? Especially for people with LESS money

Anyways - from the video I would be interested. I also hope PMDG get a FSX version of 737 out soon!!! I love heavies but reasonalble build would be generic as i fly A3xx, B7xx, Antonov etc

GREAT "product"!!!
    I know how you feel money wise
    lack of lolly !!!
    your not on your own there mate
    Most of us have a very limited buget . lets face it we build these things for fun not for a living.
    I'm just like you trying to build a home built sim. As there was no obviouse way of geting my overhead working without some very expensive software
    and hardware, I started experimenting and developed a solution .
    Im an electronics engineer by trade so That helps .
    this is not a project that would be easy to publish as I suspect most would
    find it problematic to build from scratch.
    however, as Ive said before Im happy to get it produced as a kit if there is enough interest. I've got a demo version that I will be taking to the FS weekend in November. If it goes down well I will get the main board produced
    I cant see why it could not be in kit form if thats what some people want.
    It would help to keep the cost down
    Of course, even pre built you will have a lot of work to do conecting it up

I'm not trying to start a company out of this, I just think this is a good solution to the overhead problem and if enough guys are interested I could
    get the board profesionaly built. If I make any profit it will get spent at
    aviationmegastore.com
    watch this space

Mark

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

gentlemen......
    trust me, this idea is brilliant, i've seen it develop from the start and actually sat in marks cockpit with dave holt and mark to watch it working in the actual overhead. i had to keep wiping my mouth because i was 'dribbling'
    if you are going to Lelystad, then come and see this demo working. you will want one believe me. i'll post some more details on my website when i've spoken to mark about showing the demo.........
    hope to see you there......
    regards ... ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast