Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi from Milsbeek

Hi guys,

For more than 20 years I am an FS-fan. We use to fly with only one computer, but 10 years ago I started to build my own cockpit on the attick. During the yaers I bought new parts when I could afford it. Since then only the PC's changed whenever higher framerates were nessecary.
    Now I run FSX on Windows7 on a dedicated PC. Next to that I have 3 extra PC's for Magenta and for IVAO. I have 3 22inch screens for the scenery (with Matrox TrippleHEad2Go), one seperate monitor for communications and one as an overheadpanel.
    I fly with Magenta, an old AETI yoke and peddals, a CP-MCP and FMC. For many years I used Safeline-throttles and rebuilt them for USB-use. Recently I changed to Saitek levers for the throttles, trim and fuel-cuttoff. I may have to change the AETI-yoke as well because it works only with a gamecard.

cockpit 2.jpg

In essence I am a flyer and not a builder. I flew more that 500 hours on IVAO. I like to fly to the airports I visited in reallife. I try to get al the sceneries and then plan a route on a continent covering as much airports as possible. Flying relaxes me, in any case when the software works. Secondly I like the international enviroment when you talk to controllers and pilots from other countries.

I know that now Microsoft has stopped developing FS, Aerosoft is planning to build its own FS-software. This is very good news! Hopefully we will get a softwarepackage that is more dedicated to our hobby and delivers more framerates.

I am glad to team up with My Cockpit, knowing that a lot of expertise is available in this community.

Many happy flights!!

Frank Post
    Milsbeek, The Netherlands

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hi from Milsbeek

Welcome to MyCockpit Frank,

It is great to have you here. I know your experiences will benefit all the members here.

If you require anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Trev