Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hope I dont have to sell...

Looks like I am going to have to sell the sim. After 4 years of work, the economy will kill my project. They just cut my hours at work, so I need to come up with ome cash. Looks like the sim has to go. The wife is saying no,(thought you guys wouldnt believe that, but its true). So, I am gauging interest if anyone would even want it.

Its not perfect, the light panel has some dim spots, paint is scratched, extra holes in the back from some trial and error etc. It is 100% my own design for a generic sim. Everything works (except for the AOA indicators). check my sig for pics.

Here is a list of parts that came together to build ths hybrid:
    The prop control is a real DC-6 prop panel (yes those are radium tippied switches that dont glow anymore), the annunciator panel came out of an OV-1 Mohawk, the external light switches in the lightplate are from various naval aircraft (mostly f-14 and F-4). The master and avionics switch are Pep Boys special . the mixture controls are from a KC-135 ground trainer, the Autopilot switches are MIL SPEC Korry backlit switches (around $700 brand new a piece) courtesy of Lockheed, and the rest is all me. And all the IO boards are Phidgets. Will provide cd with FS2Phidgets config.

I would like to see if i can get $2k for the whole thing, including the X52, the GF radio module, Saitek gauge, etc.

Shipping will be difficult, because it is big and heavy. the modules plug into each other, so it can come apart easily , but it is still big and heavy.

If you live in the Los Angeles I can deliver and set it up for you.

I wont sell it if I can find an alterntive. I hope I do, just "testing the waters" right now.

PS it took me an hour to convince myself to do this.
    Last edited by gokhotit; 08-08-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: can't spell
    I'm not replicating anything, because I like to fly everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1LP3xxn0Q

Re: Hope I dont have to sell...

Hi
    My tip sounds like this, don抰 sell your sim. You will hate yourself when things get better, and the will. To sell everything for little bit of money, not worth it.
    We need our toys to play with, otherwise we are not happy.
    Think it over.
    Cheers Norbert

3. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

I second that...selling it will take a lot of thinking, time, frustration of accepting very little money for it, efforts that would be better used at finding a alternate source of cash.
    When businesses see their income shrink, they start by triming all unnesessary costs before selling assets. Your Sim is a very modest asset, financially speaking, but a big one for your own balance or "joie de vivre"....
    Think twice, there are many ways today to generate $2K, and more, ...your wife is right!

(did I say that??...) lol
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

5. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

I have to chime in here. I too have thought of selling my sim. I have watched what they sell for ( a lot nicer ones then mine) and I came to the conclusion that it is not worth it. For what I would get for it I was better off trying to find another way to make up the $$. I could never replace it for even close to what I would get for it and I would always hate myself for selling it. So... Mine (737) sits piled in a corner of the basement awaiting my return. In the pile it is costing me nothing and when I decide to go back to it, it is there. Just my 2 cents.
    Bob Reed

7. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post