Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

GoFlight modules

After I purchased three Go Flight Modules from their Canadian Distributor Aviation World here at CYYZ, they worked well for about 6 months. Then the Autopilot module GF MCP started to breakdown. The vertical speed dial would not dial the correct VS rates. It would jump all over the place. After many emails with one John at GF, who was very helpful in sending me test files to see where the problem lay, we finally figured that this unit was defective and needed replacement or repair. Just as this was decided, John vanished from GF. No answer ever again. Finally after months, another guy Vince took over. He never did follow up on Johns work here. Then after 3 emails to this Victor, I get an email saying he is out of office until mid August.

GF Modules is obviously in financial trouble and cannot honor their warranties or service of these complex units.

Be warrned about GF Modules and their ability to stay afloat!!!
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 02-14-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Change Title

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

GoFlight modules

Ken,

Please be careful with your insinuations that if you had problems with Goflight that they are in trouble. You are a new member here, and if you search GoFlight here in the forum you will see that they have had in the past nothing but amazing support.

What I have heard through the grapevine is that GoFlight has changed ownership and is in the process of Moving. It is unfortunate that you have had an issue with them, however for the most part their products and support in the past has been second to none.

With that being said, you may describe your personal experiences here, however you have no proof that the company is in financial trouble, and therefore you have no basis for that claim. We do not tolerate bashing in our forums.. Please be more careful in the future.

As for your issue. i suggest you email "Vince" and describe the situation to him and see what he is willing to do to help you out.

Best regards,

Trev
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 02-14-2011 at 10:00 PM.

3. Thanks W9XE/Project777, Matt Olieman, Geremy Britton thanked for this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

GoFlight modules

Also in the past it has been said the GF's support works far better if you call them.
    Bob Reed

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

GoFlight modules

I can vouch for everything both Trevor and Bob has said. While it may be true that they have a new owner (and that can be a 'game' changer) I have had nothing be excellent service and products from GF. Please use caution and avoid lible statements if there's no known info to backup claims such as was made in the original post.

One very good thing to get used to in the FS hobby is that things, whether products, service, or help, always takes longer than what we the customer would like to wait
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

10+ Posting Member

GoFlight modules

And so I'm warned about "liable"??? Oh Please.
    Just the facts my friend. Hard facts.

I do have the receipt and the "paper-trail" to prove such poor service or "dropping of the ball" by Go Flight.
    Want to see it all?
    What would you do in such a delayed case? Sit around and keep praying?

Loyalties are "earned" in trust and good service. I have not found this as yet with Go Flight!
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 02-14-2011 at 10:01 PM.

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

GoFlight modules

When I had a problem with just one button on my EFIS module, I emailed Go Flight and they couriered me brand new unit within days and did not even want the old one back. That to me is service and honoring their warranty.

Note: I bought mine from Threshold Aviation in Mississauga, ON.
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

GoFlight modules

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I personally know Goflight do the best they can for everyone backed up by what Grant and Eric have said. If you are not happy in your opinion. There is realy nothing we can do to change it. It is clear we all don't agree with what you're saying about goflight.

And you say he is out of office til mid august. Wouldn't it be at all sensible to wait until after then before you jump to conclusions. You cannot possibly make accusations about goflight finances, warranties or company situation, based on that. That's ridiculous.

It looks like there are a few people on the scene at goflight at the moment through the changeover and there maybe some communication breakdown however as long as you have proof of that email and intend to replace the module after the problem was diagnosed i would hold every hope that will happen. It may just take slightly longer as goflight are changing owners at this point so times are very busy for them.

I can certainly tell you there are a lot more companies where you wait longer for a reply or any action that's for sure.

My two cents.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

GoFlight modules

My experience with GF :100% satisfaction.
    Besides, their products are usually bulletproof.
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 02-14-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

150+ Forum Groupie

GoFlight modules

Hi,

Yesterday I emailed GF with a couple of questions about their modules and had a reply from john in their tech support group. John Krieg has been with GF as long as I can remember so they are still in business and answering emails. I suggest that our "friend" contact GF support - john Krieg. Also in the past I have had trouble with the MCP Pro and another one was sent the next day by courier. As well when they upgraded their firmware I sent my MCP Pro back and had it returned within a week like new.

They are also very good responding to phone enquiries.

I have 12 GF units and they have been working perfectly for the last three years.

Rob

11. Thanks JBaymore, Jackpilot, Geremy Britton thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

GoFlight modules

I too have had NOTHING but AMAZING support from Goflight. I have a lot of modules in my simpit. They all work fine and the older ones have for many YEARS.

They earned their "bad reputation for support" from the Forum they have linked from their main page. But if you read the fine print on that... they actually SAY that is NOT the main route to go to get support from THEM. That is mainly a "user to user" forum.

If you want support, call or email them directly. I have found that to be almost instantaneous.

And if the guy is "on vacation"....... well .... everyone deserves a break now and again. This is flight SIMULATION, not real aviation. If a part is not working for a little while in a simpit..... it is simply an inconvenience... not a risk to the economic viability of an airline or the safety of passengers. Pain in the butt...... but not all that critical really.

I would be very surprised if after you contact them by PHONE, that your situation does not resolve itself.

best,

...............john

PS: Why is this thread in the "Online Flying" forum section anyway??????
    http://www.elliesystems.com/wForums/uploads/48/EllieBetaTestTeamBanner.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast