Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Angry Take care, away from him !!!

First to say that I was very fool and i didn't trust my first feeling, my first opinion i had from the seller, which didn't reply to 2 pvt messages asking about the items was selling.

The seller came in contact with me, some days after my previous post ( http://www.mycockpit.org/mcpclass/sh...ct=271&cat=500) and he told me that he never took my pvt messages.

Anyway i believed him and i bought from him the Engravity's CDU, but it is not working.
    This device has a problem with the USB communication with all the different PCs i tried.
    I tried to contact him and ask him about this problem, he was very impolite.

Just before 1 day i got an email from Engravity's support (Stef) which was informed me that they know this CDU's serial number, they was in contact with the seller previous months, trying to help him to fix this communication problem. They didn't manage it, so they asked from him to send the CDU to Engravity's service with RMI. He was the second owner of this CDU unit with malfunction. (I have Stef's email as evidence for those i'm writing here.)

He never sent the unit to Engravity, but finally he preferred to sold here, via MyCockpit's forum, to any member of our FS community.
    I was the "lucky one".

I asked him to refund my money, he never answer.
    I lost my money.....
    Take care, ......... away from him !!! He also have for sell other items.
    His nick name is indyana1 and his real life name Michael J Cairns-Cowan and lives in Australia

Don't trust him !!!
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: Take care, away from him !!!

Eddie

If you paid by Paypal, then you have 45 days from date of payment to lodge a claim. Your email from Stef plus this thread should help.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...5653#post75653

Regards

David

3. Thanks Matt Olieman, oal331 thanked for this post

You knew damn well Mick that the unit was bad and yet you took a man a fellow builder and ripped him off. To steal $$ that this man might have been saving for a year to purchast that 1 piece of his deck, that made it special, but instead, you take a worthless piece of crap because you KNEW it didnt work and make it someone elses problem and pocket their money, that they gave you in good faith. Worse yet because you were a member of this forum, this community of fellow builders and he trusted our name so in return trusted yours. Sorry to hear what happened Eddie I really hope you get your $$ back my friend.

JMO
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by oal331 View Post
    First to say that I was very fool and i didn't trust my first feeling, my first opinion i had from the seller, which didn't reply to 2 pvt messages asking about the items was selling.

The seller came in contact with me, some days after my previous post ( http://www.mycockpit.org/mcpclass/sh...ct=271&cat=500) and he told me that he never took my pvt messages.

Anyway i believed him and i bought from him the Engravity's CDU, but it is not working.
    This device has a problem with the USB communication with all the different PCs i tried.
    I tried to contact him and ask him about this problem, he was very impolite.

Just before 1 day i got an email from Engravity's support (Stef) which was informed me that they know this CDU's serial number, they was in contact with the seller previous months, trying to help him to fix this communication problem. They didn't manage it, so they asked from him to send the CDU to Engravity's service with RMI. He was the second owner of this CDU unit with malfunction. (I have Stef's email as evidence for those i'm writing here.)

He never sent the unit to Engravity, but finally he preferred to sold here, via MyCockpit's forum, to any member of our FS community.
    I was the "lucky one".

I asked him to refund my money, he never answer.
    I lost my money.....
    Take care, ......... away from him !!! He also have for sell other items.
    His nick name is indyana1 and his real life name Michael J Cairns-Cowan and lives in Australia

Don't trust him !!!
    Last edited by Geremy Britton; 08-07-2009 at 07:20 AM.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Unfortunately there are people out there who do this, because to them it's the easy way out! It's just sods law that 'one' of these people is a mycockpit.org member, and not worthy of membership at all.

If he's advertising with Mycockpit.org selling his other stuff, I for one would like to see the members items removed, and membership cancelled, because this member is not 'worthy' and a 'con man'. It's almost criminal activity in my view!

....I think 'Tims' the man to teach this conman a few home truths! Lol.....

Eddie....don't worry pal, we are all on your side!

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

500+ This must be a daytime job

meanwhile we are in touch with eddie to have the unit repaired and minimize the damage as much as possible.

I'm sorry to see this happen to you Eddie.

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Stef, That is great of you to help out Eddie. People like this are not tolerated and shouldn't have the priviledge of being wish such a great crowd of people. Generally all selling in this sector is relaxed and stress free like my purchase of some rudder pedals from a member yesterday.

Here's a few top tips for you all. Please take extra caution when:

> The seller in the classifieds has only been a member for less than a week before his item(s) are listed in the classifieds section without a very good reason.

> The seller has never posted, introduced himself onto the forums in the time he has been a member before the items are listed.

>The seller posts only stock pictures of the items he is selling. Such as the images from the website and not photos of the true product.

> The seller uses a very vague description.

Please take note of the above and don't be conned into what may seem at the time a bargain. As if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. On the otherside of the coin. I have completed dozens and dozens of transactions here on Mycockpit.org in my time all of which the seller has been amazing to speak with and sent a great product. Many of which i am still friends with to this day.

If you are doubtful towards a seller ask him a question, unfortunately it is not a case of a ten minute drive to knock on his door and speak to his face. however i must enphasise in all the years i have been here i've only ever come across around half a dozen problem transactions to do with our forum and thats rather excellent considering we have a sale of an item from a member every few days.

I offer my sincere apologies to you Eddie.

Regards
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

8. Thanks oal331, Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Two things,

Steff, wonderful news, exactly something an excellent team would do. You guys are fantastic!!!

Geremy is right, no matter what, it's always buyer beware. It's unfortunate, you don't know what you've bought until you have it in your hands, and if you get it.

I've been the victim of bad sellers several times, it's disheartening/discouraging. That's why I use PayPal, they've always come through.

Best of luck Eddie!!!!

Matt Olieman

Quote Originally Posted by Geremy Britton View Post
    I offer my sincere apologies to you Eddie.
    Thank you Geremy..... for your useful post.

I also bought my 1st CDU from here one year before and i was very satisfied from the complete transaction with the seller and the item i got.

Btw, for feature money transfers, paypal does not cover such problems and their resolution center denied the claim writing :
    We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received

So double check the seller before, ask about him, view his history and trust your instinct and your logical.
    Like pilot's vertigo, trust the signs and readings, not your feeling to buy the item.

I may learned my lesson.......
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

No problem Eddie, i know some of it is just common sense however i felt i should just write a few pointers. Also i remember the problem with Matt's purchase a year or two ago. It is saddening. And yes, i must urge everyone to use paypal. As it's tagline goes. The safer way to buying online.

And i guess as you put it Eddie ... sometimes you have to do a VFR as well as just going by what your instruments tell you
    Last edited by Geremy Britton; 08-07-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Its sad to read this, but when you are going to buy something online sometimes you have to do some research before, personally i do 2 things: 1: ask the seller his telephone and give him some calls asking about the item and all the shipping process, its better to spend some bucks in phone calls, 2: always do some internet search with his name or nick name, you never know what you might get!!!. I hope you can solve this and its sad things like this happens because we are serious people in this forum. good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast