Thread: Hi from UK.

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi from UK.

I'm not even sure what goes on here yet but I have a very ambitious project in the making and I will need some help.

I am designing a simulator ride. It is more akin to a pilot training centrifuge than a cockpit simulator. Basically it is a multi-axis pivoting cockpit on the end of a rotating arm.
    The idea is to produce high G forces. The rider will be fully submersed but will not be able to control anything - hence why I'm calling it a ride.

I guess the first line of call is to find out if anyone else has had this idea, or has already built one.
    I'm no aviation enthusiast so please anyone let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree having registered to this forum. Maybe there is a more suitable forum???

Thanks for listening.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Re: Hi from UK.

No reason why we can't help you out here. there is lots of people that have toyed with motion platforms. It is going to be one heck of an engineering feat though. Keep us posted, and welcome to MyCockpit.

Thanks. That's encouraging. My conception has a name! - Motion platform. That must mean other people have had the same idea. I would so much like to hear from anyone who has built one of these, or is interested in building one.
    Yes it is a huge engineering challenge. Luckily I have plenty of time to realise this project. I just need the tech support and finances to get it going.

Regards

Paul Freeman

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Hi, search Mycockpit.org for a member called 'wannabeaflyer' I know that he is in the process of making a 2 DOF motion platform, he, I believe is based in London.

You might want to check out the X-Sim.de community, more or less an online community dedicated to motion platforms, and full of people like yourself...motion platform geeks!

Good Luck....

Alex
    GA or the Highway!