Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

whats the next step??

Hello all props here. purchased and registered pete dawsons program installed into my fsserver everything went smooth....BUTclients 1 and 2 installed modules and tryed to start the sims...........All the different DLL's showed they werent installed or couldnt,the FS just shutdown completely
    im sure its something simple,but i cant see the trees!!!!!!!!!!!

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Re: whats the next step??

Eager to help, but I need more info.

Can you please give some more details on how you installed FSUIPC and WideFS? What version of flight sim and FSUIPC are you using?

When you say "start the sims" what do you mean? Are you starting flight simulator and other software on the clients?
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

Im not sure what version the flightsim is or where to find it?
    The FSUIPC3 and Widefs6 these are the versions i downloaded.The FSUIPC I unzipped and dropped the DLL into the modules folder of the FS and that was that, a restart and it was done,the same for Widefs6. Im starting slow and the terms i use are from the sites, I have three computers 3.0 ibm,3.0 dell and a 2.8 i had built im just going step for step,build to computers, network them, install fus,wid,xpand,etc..... for your choice i guest. my other 2 systems i dropped the dll's in the modules and they said the DLL's for this and that couldnt load etc....To tell the truth im still fuzzy about the network thing? Im using a Netgear 5 port 10/100 desktop switch. I wish i could give more info,but hey we all started from a beginning thank you P.S. starting my flight sim is just clicking the crack icon iinstalled(no cd) the the other two computers would be just the same

If you are using flight simulator 2004 (FS9) that is correct version of FSUIPC, however, if you are using flight simulator X (FSX) then you need to use FSUIPC 4. I suspect you are using FS9 because you are using the "no disk" crack to start flight sim. So, it looks like you have the correct version.

On your client computers, you have copied WideClient.exe & WideClient.ini, right? You don't need to copy any .dll's on your client computers. Are you starting WideFS by running WideClient.exe on your client computers before starting the software you are trying to use on the clients? By the way, it doesn't matter where you copy the files on your client computers. Also, you are aware WideFS requires a separate registration in addition to FSUIPC?

Are you trying to run three copies of flight simulator all at once? Unless you are using the program Wideview, you don't and shouldn't do that - that is why WideFS exists (so networked computers can communicate with flight simulator on the server computer). If you are trying to run larger or separate displays look into Matrox's Triple Head 2 Go (TH2Go) or third party software such as Project Magenta, FlightDeckSoftware or some of the freeware that is available.

Let us know exactly what you what to do and we can provide some ideas / suggestions. It is a bit of a steep learning curve in the beginning - but well worth it!
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada

5. Thanks props thanked for this post

Right now im installing widefs the exe is installed but where do i put the (ini) file?

Ive just added wide x to clients 1and 2 my server shows they are connected now what? I started with one computer using triplehead that was okay now id like to use my server as main hookup for ch product connections one monitor for engine display,client 2 for pilot and copilot displays and client 3 for outside this is where i will connect my triplehead . right now im showing the the server with fs running and a cessna,above it says fs,centrury flight with wideserver:2 connected. where am i in this config and whats next? for the goal.

A quick update,Boy do i feel dumb all this time im reading the wrong info i thought i was installing the software for views? but I installed the program for interfacing...........Well all went well nevertheless.Im installing WidevieW and will give a test run this weekend. Id like to thank you and all for your support. Its a learning process and not always easy..............thanks again

Props

Sorry for not seeing your previous posts!
    If you want remote views, then you need Wideview. But Wideview does not produce remote panels (as far as I know). If you want remote panels/gauges there is some freeware/payware you can check some links here http://www.mycockpit.org/links/browselinks.php?c=23

Glad you have made some progress. We are all here to help when needed. Happy simming!
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada

10. Thanks props thanked for this post

Thanks for responding!,your correct im interested in remote views.Thanks for the heads up on the sites,maybe ill find something. right now wideview need to be setup. thanks again
    Props