25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FeelThere A320 - Thomas Cook Arlines UK????

I would love to be able to fly with a decent Thomas Cook UK A320. From what I can see, the FeelThere/Wilco A320 looks to be the best option on the market for an Airbus, but there doesn't seem to be one in TCX livery floating around. There is a livery in Thomas Cook Airlines Belguim though but that's not the same for me. Does anyone know where you can get custom re-paints done?

75+ Posting Member

Re: FeelThere A320 - Thomas Cook Arlines UK????

Quote Originally Posted by fuerteventura View Post
    I would love to be able to fly with a decent Thomas Cook UK A320. From what I can see, the FeelThere/Wilco A320 looks to be the best option on the market for an Airbus, but there doesn't seem to be one in TCX livery floating around. There is a livery in Thomas Cook Airlines Belguim though but that's not the same for me. Does anyone know where you can get custom re-paints done?
    Can't speak too much about the repaints, but be aware of certain issues with the panel of FeelThere/Wilco. First of all, it seems that it is no longer supported -- latest update was in in January 2007 if I remember correctly. Further, there are a number of issues with the FMGC. One of the most annoying things is that you can't delete a pseudo waypoint -- this turns out to be a big problem if you have to change a STAR, say, or if you have to change you cruise level. In the latter case, the pre-computed TOD will not at all be recomputed causing a very unpleasant decend.

I would be waiting for AirSimmer (www.airsimmer.com) which seems pretty promising if you just want to have an Airbus to fly without all the integration points.
    Thanks,

Boaz
    KSEA
    Lose money - ask me how.

25+ Posting Member

Surprised to hear there are issues with the A320 - shame cos it looks great and they did a great job in my opinion of the 737.
    Is airsimmer anything to do with AirSimTech, the glass cockpit software for the A320?
    Cheers for your reply.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuerteventura View Post
    Surprised to hear there are issues with the A320 - shame cos it looks great and they did a great job in my opinion of the 737.
    Is airsimmer anything to do with AirSimTech, the glass cockpit software for the A320?
    Cheers for your reply.
    Nothing, they are completly diffrent company's. Airsimtech (AST) is full spezialized on A320 Homecockpit Software. Airsimmer will beginn with a "Add On" A320 for Fs2004 like Feelthere. But on a level, they promised never seen before in a Flightsim A320. If i see the previews, and thinking about what im read in the Forum (also they will build a Homecockpit Version!!), this will be probalbly the best flyer ever...! I hope....

Daniel

25+ Posting Member

Does anyone know if airsimmer has released their A320 product yet. I went to visit there website, but they have not posted an update in the past few months and I cannot see any information about it.
    It looks really promising though, so I would appreciate any information about it.
    Thanks,

Michal

75+ Posting Member

Yeah, I have also been waiting for them to release something. I am hoping it is becuase they are in the final stages, but you'll never know. From the looks of it, it seemed like a very capable simulation within the confines of FS.
    Thanks,

Boaz
    KSEA
    Lose money - ask me how.