I've been accused of being corny before. And that's okay. But I would not be doing my duty as a Boeing blogger if I didn't share with you a couple of a-maze-ing photos.
Like a flying cathedral, the Large Cargo Freighter has a most majestic interior space. The 787's wings and large fuselage sections will be ferried inside here starting next year.

First of all, the Large Cargo Freighter (LCF) has touched down at Seattle's Boeing Field. As those of you who've been following the 787 program know, this is a significant event which gets us one step closer to the final assembly process next year. This airplane is the first of three specially-modified 747-400 passenger jets which will be integral elements of the 787 production process.
Probably the most striking thing about the LCF is the sheer size of the cargo hold as seen from inside. And it has to be large because it will be carrying full-size composite fuselage sections and wings for the Dreamliner between the various assembly facilities around the world.
The other completely different, but also fascinating, image is of a corn field north of Seattle. Boeing has teamed up with Stocker Farms in Snohomish, Washington for this occasion. Why is Boeing teaming up with a farm? In order to create a really cool corn maze, what else?
This aerial image gives you an idea of the full scope of the Dreamliner corn maze. And it also allows you to figure your way out of the maze should you get lost.

But seriously, this is a way to create an attraction spotlighting our new airplane - that also brings the community together celebrating the accomplishments of our local employees.
A corn maze - for those of you unfamiliar with the concept - is something they do in rural America to help pass the time between summer and winter! This one features the Dreamliner, of course. Set in a 10-acre field, this depiction of the 787 is so large - with two miles of trails - it can only be truly appreciated from the air. The wing span on this corny airplane, for example, is 400 feet.
Wish I could be there, but I'm on the road this week. And I'll have more to report on my travels later. But I'll leave you with one last amazing but true image here. Plastic airplane indeed.

More...