150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I always have problems

Just posting for a giggle or cry not quite sure which. No matter what I try to do I can always find problems. The thing is I just know they are going to happen BEFORE I start. I never know quite what will happen just that the task ahead will not be simple.
    Adding new software or upgrading is sure to see me visiting the relevant "support" sites and if it wasn't for Ian Sissons I would give up flightsimming!

So what was the latest disaster. Well being a real sucker for adverts I decided to upgrade my PMDG737 - 600/700 to the 800/900 version.I got a CD version at a reasonable price on ebay.

Of course after installing the upgrade my CPFlight MCP would not work properly with the upgraded PMDG (a well known problem apparently). So a quick email to Ian and one also to Paolo at CP Flight and it appeared that I would have to upgrade the firmware "a simple but delicate operation" according to Paolo.

All day today I have avoided doing this trying instead other upgrades short of a firmware upgrade.
    Tonight I just had to have a go - it really is very simple according to the PDF.
    Basically what you have to do is disconnect the power supply from the MCP, insert two provided jumpers, reconnect the power supply and run the upgrade.exe programme already sitting waiting on my desktop.
    Simple - what could possibly go wrong?
    The first few steps went great BUT
    when I reconnected the power supply to the MCP - zilch - nothing - no switchy ony!!!
    "please toggle power supply" says the pop up box. Twenty toggles later and still not a light I'm off to have a beer.
    Withdrawal symptons what are they? - haven't flown for 2 days. Giving up smoking was less stressful.
    Bill
    P3D/ IFly737 Pro

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: I always have problems

Ouu, i realy don't know what to say. That's horrible. I'm sure the guys who know what they're talking about will do their best to help you out with the situation.

I wish you the best of luck in getting everything sorted. I too am quite a sucker for bad luck. Although nothing hugely major has gone wrong .... yet
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: I always have problems

Yea they will sort me out OK. They always have.Paolo and Ian are real super guys.
    Bill
    Bill
    P3D/ IFly737 Pro

4. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post