Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a 737

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Building a 737

I dug around the forums here and found an interface card. I do have one question though. From what I can tell if you do switches it involves some circuitry. Looking at the picture at the bottom of this page can someone give me the gist of what I need to buy and put together based on this. http://desktopaviator2.tripod.com/In...2040/index.htm

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by IVA739 View Post
    I dug around the forums here and found an interface card. I do have one question though. From what I can tell if you do switches it involves some circuitry. Looking at the picture at the bottom of this page can someone give me the gist of what I need to buy and put together based on this. http://desktopaviator2.tripod.com/In...2040/index.htm
    Hi IVA739,

The Model 2040 from Desktop Aviator does require you to build additional circuitry out of a readily available H11AA1 or H11AA2 opto-isolator and other components. When built, these components product a short 1/4 second pulse when the Single Pole Double Throw toggle switch is flipped from one position to the other.

Building the H11AA1 circuit is time consuming and if you have limited experiance in electronics; very fustating.

May I recommend DTAs Model 2120

http://www.desktopaviator.com/Produc...2120/index.htm

This board does not need the added circuitry. The 1/4 second pulse generator is already programmed into its USB chip. All you need to add is a standard Single Pole Single Throw Toggle switch (up to 20 toggle switches can be added to the same board) and a USB Cable. That's It!

Just program each toggle switch using the available functions provided with your FS software or by using FSUIPC.

No Electronics Background is need. It really easy.

Bobby

This animated graphic will give you an idea on how the 2120 works.

With each flip of the toggle, the 2120 produces a pulsed output. By adding 19 more switches, you have the makings of one really fine instrument panel.
    Last edited by Capt Bobby; 07-04-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added photo

Ok that is very doable for me. The only problem I saw after researching some more into Hispapanels is that you have to build your own circuits for the MCP and other items. Please correct me if I am wrong on this. If I don't have to make my own circuits and can just use the interface card you showed me I can probably go that route.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi from Abbotsford BC Canada. why would you want to have a puilsed on? .... so either the switch is thrown down or up ... it just gives a momentary 'pulse'?? Where would you apply that in a 737 cockpit for instance. Lastly, Do you have any idea where one can get hardware interface circuits for the AP? so when you say: engage the alt. the led/light stays on in the switch. In other words, how do you get the light to stay on on your hardware sw.?

Robert ( 61 yr old flight enthusiast )

The pulse is like hitting a key on the keyboard, same thing. The lights staying on comes from the outputs of your IO card (ie phidgets 16/16). MY autopilot panel uses pulses to activate the different functions, then when the sim says that function is active the light stays on. There is more to it when you start dealing with outputs.

The 2120 board given earlier is strictly input, you will need an output card to get lights.

My website explains how my AP panel works.
    I'm not replicating anything, because I like to fly everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1LP3xxn0Q

6. Thanks rebiersteker thanked for this post
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

HI there ....Thanks for your response! ... I confess I'm not sure how this is 'tied in' yet ...but I'll look at your site. I am really trying ard to connect my toggle switches etc.etc. to the FSX so, that I can have the outside views ONLY on my 3 LCD screens 9 later to be projectors. I just am not sure haow to approach it .... and how do you get the instruments to work and have the right spacing around a LCD screen? Would be great if someone or Co. would systematically provide step by step details ...even at some info. cost .... to build a SIM Flight deck.
    Regards,

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12