Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Warning to Aussies ordering from overseas

Hi Guys

just a bit of info on ordering parts from overseas.

I ordered some parts with a value over $AU1000.00.

I received a phone call from Fedex (australia) stating that Austrailan Customs did not believe the price stated on the shipping notice on the carton and requested a proper invoice. (Customs do a random audit of parts coming into the country)

I was told the price quoted was well under $1000.

Fedex will hold the item for 5 days before returning it.

Add to this the fact that my computer decided to quit the day before Fedex contacted me, adds to the frustration.

I am at the mercy at present of the company providing a proper receipt with the correct price on it to Fedex by tomorrow or the parts go back! Thus increasing the time for delivery and the possibility of further financial debt on my part.

So if you are ordering anything worth over $1000.00
    1. Demand that the correct price be put on the shipping label.
    2. Ask for an Invoice be attached to the outside of the box stating
    a. price of each item
    b. number of items.
    c. total price paid

That way it should reduce the problems with bringing stuff into the country.

As an addit I was told by the Fedex guy that if this happens 3 time with teh same person or company, you will be permanently marked so anything you bring in will be assessed!.. now that could be a PINTA!

I havent named the company but for the life of me I cannot work out why they would not put the correct price on the shipping label in the first place!

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: Warning to Aussies ordering from overseas

Hi Dave,

When I bought my CP Flight MCP and EFIS units a couple of years back John Howard took another $250 from me before I could collect it so he ain't getting a ride in the sim! From now on I'll break big orders into smaller lots and get them posted to individual family members, I believe you have to pay stamp duty on anything over a grand. I just bought a VE Calais V and Ruddy took another $1,700 stamp duty. Stamp duty sucks and is a rip off hey?

Regards,

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Boeing 777 Builder

Gwyn. A VE Calais?? Stepping up in the classy stakes are we

On the duty front. I must have gotten lucky with my last big purchase from Spain which was $1300AUD. Customs didn't ask for anything. However they did when I bought a $2500 guitar from the US. Agree however to get proper invoices and split the purchase up if possible. You might pay more postage though.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Gwyn. A VE Calais?? Stepping up in the classy stakes are we

On the duty front. I must have gotten lucky with my last big purchase from Spain which was $1300AUD. Customs didn't ask for anything. However they did when I bought a $2500 guitar from the US. Agree however to get proper invoices and split the purchase up if possible. You might pay more postage though.

Ken.
    G'day Ken, three traffic infringements later the SS had to go, it's 6 cylinder black limo time now, built in satnav, DVD player etc, just missing the champagne bucket! I've also bought a pair of Yamaha MSR 400 powered speakers, a Yamaha RBX Bass guitar and an AXL Tyrant bass amp, rockin' out loud up on the Kalamunda hill! I'm planning on getting the sim going next weekend - Saturday the 11th...

Gwyn
    Last edited by Westozy; 07-01-2009 at 07:06 PM.

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!