Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Yet another Boeing 737NG cockpit builder

Hello everybody,

greetings from Bremen in Germany. I would like to introduce myself as a new member of MyCockpit.org.

After many years of browsing the web sites of all those talented people who are building such incredible home cockpits, I've finally decided to join this community by building a small home cockpit for my own. Although I have been flying around with FS9 and FSX for some years I was using it on a "normal" PC with a joystick/throttle combination.

The first step towards the full cockpit idea was last fall, when I decided to build a specialized MSF-PC, which quickly developed into a multi-monitor system with a Matrox TripleHead2Go and a Saitek Yoke/Throttle/Rudder combination. Two older PCs were added, one for the weather (ActiveSky) and one for navigation planning and moving map (FSCommander). At the beginning of this year I added a VRInsight MCP combo. At this time I was mainly flying the LevelD 767-300 and the PMDG 737-800.

When I found (by chance) the SimAvionics website I began to think about an even more dedicated system with a specialized avionics suite and more PCs involved. So I purchased their solution and I am still very happy about my decision. Originally I intended to go in the 777-200 direction but there are a number of reasons that I finally decided (as so many people around) to fly a 737. I really love the long-haul aircraft (especially the MD-11 and the 777) but it takes so much time to fly "realistic" routes. And many of the interesting smaller airports worldwide could not be approached at all. The large amount of available hardware was the final argument for me.

So since several months I am collecting information and draw plans. Because I have only limited space for the cockpit (2,10 x 1,90 meters) I will have to make some compromises. However, the first step has been made by ordering the a 737NG-MIP Set, a 737NG-EFIS Set, and a 737NG-MCP Set from Poldragonet in Poland at the beginning of June. The items were originally planned to be shiped on the 24th of June but have not arrived yet. We will see.

Below you will find two photos of my intermediate solutions, one with a modified 767-300 2d-cockpit for two 24" TFTs and the second with the SimAvionics solution (the airplane is a FSX 737-800).

Cheers,
    Michael

P.S. Sorry, yet again no Airbus builder. I would possibly build an Airbus cockpit if I would have to deal professionally with Boeing.

2. Thanks Trevor Hale, Geremy Britton thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Re: Yet another Boeing 737NG cockpit builder

WOW.. your Project Looks Amazing...

Welcome to MyCockpit.org You are among friends here

Trev

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Nice project. I may start something like that to get back in the air. I miss flying the sim. Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Bob Reed

After what seems to me as a very long time (especially when regarding the changes in my setup), you can have a look at the current situation here. 18 month and in some way still at the beginning.
    I am curious were it will stand in another 18 month.

Regards,
    Michael
    B738: 3,892 orders and counting...
    My cockpit building blog can be visited here.