Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Generic pit (mk2)

Just a small update, I got donated another pc so im just migrating my addons to run off that with widefs, as my framerates were beginning to suffer.I added a pic of freefd which i cant recommend enough, it has been flawless and runs great networked. I also did the little trick with the chrono from ian737ng's site.... Brill but i lost the second hand And here is also a shot of the rear projection.

2. Thanks Joe Cygan thanked for this post

A small update, and some pics.
    I had to have a go at emulating Steve Eversons brilliant solution to mounting the Saitek Yoke on anything other than a desk, I kind of took his idea and added something of my own. I used 2 inch upvc pipe and a 90 degree bend, Screwed securely on the underside of the sim, so now i do have space for my legs on either side of the yoke! Thanks Steve

I recently got my open cockpits Efis unit and it installed without a hitch, However freeFD doesn't play nice with it so i have been experimenting with Fs9 and the pmdg737, which thanks to Ian@737ng's site i can use the default gauges, freeFD eicas still works great on a networked pc. Thanks Ian

Finally I took delivery of a Goflight gf46 module from GLB flight products and that has gone into my pedestal, A wonderful little box of tricks, i can do so much with it just from the twist of a dial. Thanks Geremy

4. Thanks steveeverson, Joe Cygan thanked for this post
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

ahh, nice to see both panels i sent you are making friends
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

6. Thanks Joe Cygan thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Hi Steve,

Love what you have done, especially with the MIP & Yoke mounting, I am in the process of putting my MIP together and intend to steal these ideas - If you don't mind!!

I am also using a projector for the main front view, but I have been trying to work out the best way to do it. You mention that you have used a shower curtain and rear projected it.

Is the shower curtain fixed flush against the outside 'windows' of the cabin or set back from the structure? I wanted to mount it flush so as all you see is the image, but will that not cause the image to bend with the curve of the windows? Would you be able to upload a few photo's of how you have done it?

Thanks for your help, hopefully solving this problem will get me over a hurdle that has been there for a while.

Cheers
    Luke

If you click the link in my signature you will see the excellent interview Geremy Britton conducted with me, The shower curtain is about 8 inches from the back of the mip and flat at 90 degrees, I thiink there is a pic in the interveiw. If your thinking of curving your screen there are a few builders here who use "sol7" (?) and they would be much better qualified than i to answer your questions

Introducing the "GLB Flight Products avionics pedestal"

I am almost done now with the interim pedestal and nearly everything you see is purchased 2nd hand from the visitors section at GLB flight products.
    I wanted to demonstrate how easy and in-expensive this hobby can be, with the help of a few freinds on here. For less than a couple of hundred euros i have everything to control my 737's radios, flaps, gear etc etc and most of all almost no mouse useage for that part of the simulator.

In time i will build a proper 737 pedestal bay, but this will serve me well while i gather more important hardware.

I have been playing around with a few led's too... Just for effect, until i get a led outputs board installed, the pictures are not very clear but it adds so much to the mip with a few strategically(?) placed lights.

Thats all for now, going to be starting a shell before christmas, Something very simalar to Christoph Hoffmann's inspiring build.

Thanks for looking Steve

10. Thanks autocadplease thanked for this post

Ok please don't suggest i test this shell in a wind tunnel
    Sam my partner asked why am i building a garden shed inside!!

I am about 50% finished my budget shell (100 euro) using scrap wood,mdf,cupboard doors lol. I need to fix some nice bits of trim to neaten things up and loads of filler and sanding, its not to any scale, i just started at the floor and worked up. When its painted i think it'll look ok and in flight with the projector on i could be sitting in the real thing My woodworking skills aren't the best and with limited tools and resources the immersive result is cool.

I have a dualhead2go in the post at the moment so i cant wait to try that with 2 projectors, although i will have to construct some kind of screen.
    The overhead is still the print i have been using but i have built the roof with dimensions to let a full size one slot straight in.

I'm on the lookout for 2 van seats. I think they are better than average car seats. Happy Christmas all

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

This is one of my favourite threads. Just looking through it seeing all the progress (And all the great pics) Thanks for keeping us updated steve, as they say a picture paints a thousand words.

That shell has sprung up in no time. Makes everything look a million times better. Noticed you have some knobs on the lower dzus panels on the MIP... did they arrive? Reay unpredicatble times at the minute with the postal service.

And don't worry you'll have an overhead eventualy somehow

Good luck with the build and continued success into 2010. You working on it over christmas?
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

That really is shaping up great! very good job with the shell!

Quote Originally Posted by Geremy Britton View Post
    Noticed you have some knobs on the lower dzus panels on the MIP... did they arrive? Reay unpredicatble times at the minute with the postal service.

Good luck with the build and continued success into 2010. You working on it over christmas?
    Thanks for the kind words Geremy and Twisted8
    No the knobs in the picture came from simparts..... very nice quality, I'm sure the ones from GLB flight products should be with me in the next few days, i purchased these ones before you started supplying them at a fraction of the cost

And of course i'll be working on it over christmas, taking advantage of my 3 weeks off work

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast