Thread: More monitors

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

More monitors

Right here go's

At the moment i'm using fs9 on one pc (did have two but the other has deceased ) Im using two display's at the moment on one graphics card ( geforce 8500 series windows vista 32bit) My panel display is off the monitor output and my outside view is off TV output. My system works fine and i'm running with the sliders on max and frame rates locked at 37fps with uprated scenery from avsim. EGBB LEPA MYNN KMCO NZQN NZAA. Frame rates drop to about 28-30 at NZQN but most of the time it's 30+. I have a newish h/p gaming machine running 3gb of ram but it's not an expensive machine. I'm currently building a 737-200 pit and i want to run two monitors for the panels on the mip (cpts and centre) and then a third (a copy of the cpt side for f/o) and another two for cpt and f/o outside views. My graphics card runs in a pci express slot and i have another pci slot free. Is there any way i can use my old graphics card out the deceased machine (geforce6200) in the pci slot and configure it to run the panels and the newer geforce 8500 to run the two outside views? i'm no pc expert but i've heard off people doing it. I have put the 6200 in the pci slot but when i loaded the pc it installed it as the main display automaticly and wouldn't reconise the newer 8500 in device manager it wasn't even there just the 6200 card!!

Many thanks i know it's a long post

Rob

Re: More monitors

You can certainly do multiple cards. Though you have to try out different ones. There may just be a problem between those two. They are two generations apart. I have a 9800 GT card and a 9400 gs but the 9400 keeps complaing about drivers though it works. I decide to just buy a matched 9800 GT card instead.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by roblockett View Post
    I have put the 6200 in the pci slot but when i loaded the pc it installed it as the main display automaticly and wouldn't reconise the newer 8500 in device manager it wasn't even there just the 6200 card!!
    That truly sucks. I've just got an mx4000 (PCI) coming from eBay for my PC, to run the instruments alongside the installed 9500GT PCIe x16), like you wanted to do, and had no idea that Windows and/or nVidia were so bad that this may not work for me. "Try out different ones?" Not a chance. I'm not about to spend unlimited amounts of money trying to find out which nVidia cards work with which other nVidia cards.

Now, I heard that it's best not to mix nVidia and Matrox, but not mixing nVidia and nVidia sounds like a pile of smelly doo to me.

Thank goodness I only use the PC for MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by roblockett View Post
    I have put the 6200 in the pci slot but when i loaded the pc it installed it as the main display automaticly and wouldn't reconise the newer 8500 in device manager it wasn't even there just the 6200 card!!
    Rob
    Rob I wonder if they both are trying to share the same IRQ. Just a thought if it can be changed one one card or the other.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9