Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Kits from Symulatory?

Hey guys, I ran into the Symulatory website and they have an EFIS and MCP kits which I think it's simply SUPERB, considering the PRICE and the fact that the kits include everything you need to build them. Only thing you need to buy separately is the IO card to make them functional.

Has anyone purchased one of these kits from them, that can share some info or experiences with it? I definitely want to build my own EFIS and MCP from scratch in order to save a ton, and seeing that one can buy it all in one nifty package, looks perfect.

I was originally planning on buying the faceplates from Hispapanels and all the accessories needed, but these kits sure look tempting. Thanks for any info.
    Regards,

Efrain "E" Ruiz (HondaCop)
    LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Symulatory

captain, good day.......
    i have a ton of symulatory kit TQ, MIP and Stand and Glareshield. i had an overhead as well before i upgraded. from first hand experience, i can tell you his panel and furniture product is excellent for the money, but what ever you do, avoid the electronics like the plague.
    support is just non-existent. e-mails go unanswered (unless of course you want to buy something). i have so many colleagues who have bought 'electronic product' from them which just will not work. and trying to get it working when requests for help go unanswered is a nightmare.
    favourite excuses are 'did not get mail', 'i was out from house for many days' and the best one i got was 'i was in shock, i saw a crash'.
    i had to rip out the electronics from my TQ because i just could not get it working and fit my own.
    so, in short, buy the kit with confidence, it's excellent quality, as long as it doesn't involve anything electrical. they know how it works, but they won't tell you when you have problems.
    good luck in whatever you decide anyway.....
    regards from wales ... ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Hi Ian! I have been glued to your site for the past few days and just absorbing as much info as I can. Keep up the great work!

Ok, thanks for the info. I am planning on buying the Leobodnar interface so yes, I would definitely be staying away from the Symulatory electronics.

Once again, thanks for the info.
    Regards,

Efrain "E" Ruiz (HondaCop)
    LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org

25+ Posting Member

It's a pity that You rate using only one opinion
    There is a lot of happy users (also on this forum), and as always some not satisfied.
    For long time Ian has very good opinion about Symulatory. Also on his web page.
    http://www.737ng.co.uk/symulatory.htm
    "The CPFlight MCP and the SYMULATORY Throttle Quadrant are the two most important purchases I have made."

From unknown reason he changed his mind.

There was a problem with TQ broken by transport company.
    This problem has been fixed
    "
    NOW THE GOOD BIT .... ALL's WELL THAT ENDS WELL WOW I have it working well and it looks the part too and it impresses the **** out of everybody who has seen it even real 737 pilots who come to play )"

Finaly:
    It was more then 3 Years ago.
    Most modules has been redesigned and totaly changed.
    Kits (Sets or panels only) doesn't contains electronic. So You can use any kind of them.

Regards Marek

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi .I,m owner Poldragonet flight simulator too,and almost all parts in my simulator are from Symulatory ./Pedestal,Overhead,MIP /FMC/ THROTTLE/and shell.
    After 2 years,everything work GREAT .No any problems.
    Look at my last movie .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VHGSMMverU
    Best regards Jacek

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Sorry Marek, You missed my point

hello marek.......
    you obviously mis-understood what i was trying to convey and then you started to
    use my quotes to dispell what i had written in the post.
    that now gives me license to support my statements.
    i'm a little pushed for time right now, but i will reply tomorrow.
    i do so enjoy a challenge.....
    regards... ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

I second what Ian has said with first hand experience, I had a total nightmare dealing with Jakub and at one point cancelled my order and received a refund after so many expectations were not met, in the end I received my products but no support whatsoever.

I think the symulatory products are good value for money but you can only buy them if you are happy that you may not get the support or the documentation to finish them, that said Marek is very helpfull and does his best to address peoples issues, I know he even flew over to the uk once to help a man in need.

just my 2 cents so to sum up good value for money but be prepared for some hard work sussing out bits and bobs.

David.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by airbus319 View Post
    I second what Ian has said with first hand experience, I had a total nightmare dealing with Jakub and at one point cancelled my order and received a refund after so many expectations were not met, in the end I received my products but no support whatsoever.

I think the symulatory products are good value for money but you can only buy them if you are happy that you may not get the support or the documentation to finish them, that said Marek is very helpfull and does his best to address peoples issues, I know he even flew over to the uk once to help a man in need.

just my 2 cents so to sum up good value for money but be prepared for some hard work sussing out bits and bobs.

David.
    David thanks for Your point of view.
    I must agre with You. Support is not perfect.
    I was talking about it with Jakub several times.
    There is some slow progresion with that part.
    First step is a Web page improvment with product description.
    Customer must know what he paying for.
    Also most product has new version and soon will contain better software (most problematic in previous edition), and detailed manuals.
    Also he ask me about some cooperation in support part, but I must consider that due lack of time.
    Hope that Simulatory will be evaluating for better relationship with comunity.
    Regards Marek.

PS. Sorry for my english. It's not my perfect side.

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

Re: Kits from Symulatory?

May I take the liberty of adding a post here?

Firstly I have to agree that Jakub is not very fast or consistent when it comes to communications .. BUT ... after my initial post in the introduction forum I decided that MDF and I were not going to become such good friends as I had expected because I do not have a proper workshop and am doing all my sawing on the coffee table. After the first few holes I realized that I needed an extra boost and it had to be cheap. In this hobby nothing is cheap but some things are cheaper ... and once again I stumbled on the POLDRAGONET website. Having read both good things and bad things about POLDRAGONET I sent out a few pb's here and there including one to Ian about the quality of POLDRAGONET.

I placed an order for the MIP complete set on about the 22 May. Well, I did have to email Jakub and ask if my payment had been received... and I did at one stage email him to ask for an order status, his replies were all within 24 hours of my email and when I arrived back from a business trip to Barcelona last Thursday I was greeted by neighbor carrying a large square box.

My MIP had arrived. There is a little paint scratched off on the center console but other than that everything is in perfect condition and no shortcuts where taken when it came to packing the parts. All the electronic components were packed in separate bags and each part of the panel / sub-panel was wrapped separately with cling foil. There were no instructions whatsoever but this is a set for the DIY-er, enough said.

I am happy with the order and I will, within a few months, be ordering the overhead and the pedestal panels from POLDRAGONET.

Tomorrow is my B-day and this was my b-day present to my son and I for our/his cockpit...... I am as chuffed as **** with the purchase and tomorrow we start building
    Last edited by capetonian; 07-05-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: small error