Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Screen splitter programme for old kit

I am going to make a lot of people laugh but here goes anyway, I am bulding a very very low budget cockpit and i need to know something about really old kit where can I get freeware programs to allow me to opperate two screens from a pentium 2 with windows 98

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

No one will laugh at you, but can you explain more about what you want to do.

Do you want to run two monitors on one video card? If so, if it is a dual head just add another monitor. You can add another video card to your computer - you may need to get a PCI video card.

Do you want to run one monitor with two separate displays on the monitor? That will depend on your video card. But you can just un-dock the windows and move them around.

What video card do you currently have?
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar

Hello

If I assume that you have a bigger computer to run the flight simulator on, and that you'd like to run gauges on your Pentium 2 computer, you might try to download "Gauge composer" from "Open Cockpit"
    this is not the high CPU killer.
    But I do not know exactly whether it can run on windows 98
    I have just started with the first preliminary exercises for my cockpit, and I use "gauge composer" on a 1.7 GHz computer with no problems.
    Other free gauges programs from the net slow down and runned the CPU 100%.
    Sincerely,

Claus

I am building a fs 98 cockpit my computer is a Hewlet Packard Vectra I want to use the onbord video card for a windscreen and a second video card to run my instrements on the same computer. The second card that I have works but the computer only recognises the one or the other It will not run two screens simmiltaniously, It allows me to switch between the two using the control panel, so I know both systems are working. I dont know what the make or model of the video card is. On the card is a sticker saying Gainward and another saying; GF02006N001 TNT2M64L 32MB. I know this is a real long shot and the info is limited but if you see something that you can advise me on I would realy appreciate it. Im still going to try out the programme verticallimit anything is worth a go. I hope the above is more clear autocadplease. Unfortunately in SA components are very expensive and I am trying to make do with what I got. Thanks guys

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Windows 98 has multiple monitor support - it should work wthout any additional third party software. Then just un-dock your view windows and place them where you want them on each monitor.

Maybe this website can help http://www.digitalroom.net/index2.html Click on Tech Articles and then on Multiple Monitor Guide. The site says all views in FS must be in windowed mode to work with multiple monitors.

Good luck!
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

Thank you autocadplease, I will check the sight out tommorow. here in South Africa its evening and I have a big rig loaded with furnature to unload early tommorow otherwise I'd go there now. Once again thank you.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

I would also think the problem may be the video card driver for the second card. Check to see that both Video cards, are in PCI Slot #1 and #2 and that both are listed in the device manager.

I was born in Harare, so i understand what it is like to get technology there. Very Expensive.

Trev

Hi Trevor Hale, I asume by the way you say that, that you are no longer there. I imagine that in Zim its even worse now and I am thankful that Bobs not the boss man here.

I have found my problem is not the card or the computer, it seems that the previous owner of the computer, (A mate of mine who shall remain nameless) needed space and dumped a whole lot of files he found he did not need, you guessed it... part off windows 98 also went out the window. I am now looking for someone in South Africa with an origional windows 98 disc and code, my computer tells me the one I have is an older version then the one installed and refuses to run it

If any of you have a disc you could help me with I will pay postage and I undertake to return it once I have repaired my system. Thanks