Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I work for a company that is a Citation service center. However, I just called them and placed order on credit card. I had to pay retail for the parts I did purchase. But sure is going to save some time...

There was quite a bit of homework to determine part numbers and what items
    were feasible to buy and which ones where just too costly. The parking brake is off a Citation X and I added the Mcmaster Carr knob...It's pretty darn close..works on a magnetic reed switch on the end of the cable. The O2gauge is real and exact same size...off a Falcon...I added a photoshopped photo of Mustang O2 face and added LED.

The panel itself was just a .090 piece of black Abex plastic that was slightly textured. It matches the powdercoated panel of the real Mustang pretty well.
    I spent about six hours in an actual Mustang taking measurements.

After market Jeep seats are actually pretty close dimensionally to the ones in the aircraft.

If interested, I could take photos and get some measurements of what I have. For some of the items (airvents..overhead light assy.) I think you could just get by with a photograph printed to size and call it good. I made my own placards and with a few coats of matte clear...they'll work well and are the same exact size.

Now if Innovative would just make a Mustang Shell....

Yeah I have been fortunate to be able to crawl around in a mustang several times but never took measurements just loads and loads of photos. Right now I am trying to finally decide on 1 of 3 aircraft, if I go Mustang I will sure hit you up for ideas etc thanks a lot!

This is pretty cool if you can find a way to connect it to FSX
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=35954
    Matthew Sheil
    747 Simulator
    http://www.747simulator.com.au

Good evening,

Let custom open edge has new post one Cessna Mustang to share the information which we cuts.

Re: Hello from Monaco

The Flight1 Mustang is really awesome and I believe it can be made into a home cockpit. I have started. Window docking works and I am having very good performance with my current setup based on the i7 920 chip and dual 9800 video cards along with TripleHead2Go.

Interfacing will be a challenge. Some offsets work fine. Other functions will have to be done through mouse macros and so far it seems like FSUIPC Mouse Macros do not work (they will crash the mustang) and I have tried Key2Mouse also without success. The only way I see at this point is to use a program called AutoHotKey which so far is working fine for me.

I started building a Lear45 but after a panel maker backed out on making panels for me and some others that were hoping to have a nice set I decided to buy a cnc to make my own panels. I have learned how and shortly after discovered the Flight1 Mustang and fell in love. So now I am working on this and have already begun the process of making all the panels as well as the G1000 Bezels and interfacing. It will be a long but nice project. The plane is truly awesome and the Avionics (G1000 suite) I believe is one of the best modeled today.

Here are some pics of my progress so far:

Of course what you see here is just the mip mounting of the monitors but this will all be covered by front panels, G1000 PFDs and MFD homemade bezels, and will be backlit as well. Right now I am working on artwork for lower panels and hope to have them cut and engraved within the next month.

Enjoy,
    Scott

25+ Posting Member

Re: Hello from Monaco

Hi John, Badge and Scott,

I am so happy to have found this rather old thread. My planning for a Mustang pit is in process. I have ordered some parts already, but would like to get dimensions to prove my guess. I also posted right now in the Mustang Builder Group here in MyCockpit.org.

Yesterday I sent a mail to the real Blink Airtaxi in the UK asking for help with dimensions. This morning a nice mail came back with first infos and the offer to call them any time, they will take measurements and fotos and...
    This is unbelievable. From Cessna I got a very short message to contact any maintenance base, which is not so easy here in Munich. So I will stay also in contact with Blink Aviation, but also with you here in the group.

John, can you provide me with measurements?
    Badge, did you decide for the Mustang?
    Scott, what is your status with the pit?

I really love to get any information.
    You may contact me by PM, or e-mail: woderschek@email.de

Thanks a lot and regards,
    Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12