Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSUPC Rotary assignment issues

Hi All,

I am having trouble programming specific functions in FSUIPC and need a little help.

I want to programme a button to perform successive bytes of a (custom) offset each time they are pressed. For example,

If I were to press the button once, it would move from positon 0, to position 1....If I press again in goes to 2, and so on. I woulfd then have another button to take it back (function similar to inc/dec range on ND)

I am able to programme using the buttons tab and the Offset Byte Toggle when setting just one function - thats easy, but for each press a consecutive function has me stumped.

I have tried looking for this in the manual, advanced manual and SDK but no luck

Thanks

Jon

75+ Posting Member

Hi, I don't think FSUIPC will do this for you. You are going to need somekind of logic like SIOC or a lua script. I think that is how functions like INC/DEC work in the sim, and FSUIPC is simply "provided" with access to the 2 buttons.

Andy

Thanks, It should provide this type of function - as I have PFC drivers which work via FSUIPC and provide this sort of function. It's actually quite a common task, used in things such as Nav and Coms radio tuning, Transponder, MCP functions, flaps etc etc.

The only difference is rather than using the pre defined "drop down" offsets I need to use my own to link with my Sim-Avionics glass cockpit on a non - FS supported event

Thanks

75+ Posting Member

Ok then your software should have the two offsets you need, you just need to find the offset number and the use the "offset bit set" in FSUIPC.
    But FSUIPC does not have the ability to count up or down. So if the offsets you need are yours(not part of the S/A offset list) you are out of luck.

Andy

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by jongas View Post
    I want to programme a button to perform successive bytes of a (custom) offset each time they are pressed. For example,

If I were to press the button once, it would move from positon 0, to position 1....If I press again in goes to 2, and so on. I woulfd then have another button to take it back (function similar to inc/dec range on ND)
    So why not use the offset INC/DEC controls provided by FSUIPC? You can even have them cyclic, with an upper limit.

I have tried looking for this in the manual, advanced manual and SDK but no luck
    You entirely missed all of the Offset controls listed in the assignments dropdowns and in the Advanced User's Guide? How come?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYSMITH View Post
    But FSUIPC does not have the ability to count up or down.
    Yes it does! Where on Earth do you get such ideas? FSUIPC has supported increments, decrements, cyclic increments, cyclic decrements, for many years. Why not just look rather than make such assumptions?

Check the list off Offset controls assignable to any button, keypress, whatever.

Pete

Pete,

Re-reading I may not have explained fully what I am looking to do, and where I am stuck.

I hope you appreciate that I do not have years of experience in this feild and am a mere newbie compared to most - hence some of my understanding my be wrong - this is not intended as a slur on your fine progame!!

Suggesting I re read the manuals is not really helping - after all I ave spent hours trying to fix myself before resorting to this request.

I am aware of the cyclic increments but have thus far not been able to set the peramaters.

For example I need to set the ND range increase in Sim Avionics, I can do this by assigning any free offset. Lets say I use 530F. This is why the majorty of the SDK is of no help as I am not reading a std offset that will hav a drop down box....

I can go into FSUIPC, assign offset byte toggle and it works for whatever range i set (1,2,3,4,5 etc).

However when I set cyclic bit inc, how do I tell it what values to switch to?
    I am unsure what goes in the box to the right of the offset type - where in push buttons I would type a value (e.g =1)

I have tried leaving this blank but no joy.

The other solution, would be if I knew what offsets the pfc jetliner drivers used then I could map sim avionics straight from there ??

I hope this clarifies where I am stuck - and hopefully it wont be long until your old jetliner console is up and running with my shiney new cockpit and software!

Quote Originally Posted by jongas View Post
    Suggesting I re read the manuals is not really helping - after all I ave spent hours trying to fix myself before resorting to this request.
    I was not, I merely pointed out that you said you searched and must have missed the list of FSUIPC Offset conntrols completely. I also suggested you use the drop-down lists when assigning, as you would find them there.

I am aware of the cyclic increments but have thus far not been able to set the peramaters.
    If you don't understand something, why not ask, then, at my Support Forum, clearly advertised everywhere, rather that implying that FSUIPC cannot do such things?

For example I need to set the ND range increase in Sim Avionics, I can do this by assigning any free offset. Lets say I use 530F.
    There are no "free" offsets. You should not simply use an offset at random. There is a range of offsets available for users to do with as they please. If you haven't found those in the list, why not simply ask?

This is why the majorty of the SDK is of no help as I am not reading a std offset that will hav a drop down box....
    Sorry, I've no idea what this means. You tell me, not here but in my Support Forum, what you want to do and I'll help you do it. But this is meaningless to me so far.

However when I set cyclic bit inc, how do I tell it what values to switch to?
    You don't. Each time you operate a button assigned to do an INC, it INC's the value in the offset!

I am unsure what goes in the box to the right of the offset type - where in push buttons I would type a value (e.g =1)
    The increment and the limit, in the documented format. The User Guide has a boxed section all about these controls, with examples. Here, it begings like this:

Offset Increment/Decrement Controls
    The increment/decrement controls operate on signed (Sbyte, Sword) or unsigned values (Ubyte, Uword), and have a more complex parameter that specifies both the increment/decrement (always positive) and a limit, thus:
    increment value / limit

If you want any further help, please come to my Support forum. I don't support here, I support where all other FSUIPC users can see and also get the same help.

Regards
    Pete