25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Saitek throttle quadrant

I was considering building my own push-pull throttle set-up but I wonder if I would be better just to buy a Saitek throttle quadrant.

First, yes I did search. Only two posts come up for a search of Saitek Pro Throttle and they are not useful for this query.

My questions are:

1 Does the Saitek pro throttle quadrant work fine on X-plane on a Mac? I know Saitek don't support OS X but I would think this throttle would simply get "seen" by OS X as a three axis six button joystick? Does anyone know? I know I could just try it but I don't just want to throw down $50 without checking.

2 How much realism do people feel is lost by using a "rotary-style" throttle/mix for a Cessna sim? I am not building a 1-1 simpit but I do want something that helps train me in doing/making the right procedures, movements and decisions.

3 If I decide I want to build a push-pull throttle/mix later, am I likely to be able to cannibalize the board from the Saitek anyway and just interface it to new (slider) pots and switches?

Thoughts appreciated.

150+ Forum Groupie

Thumbs up Thottle DIY

Hi Just my two cents worth but unless you already have a dead saitek throttle quad handy i belive you would be better off using a Leobodnar BU036 interface Board and a few cheap Linear Slide pots, Leos great entry level PCB cost around £16.00 ( Check website for actual cost ) and slide pots are maybe £1.50 each ... Since your on the DIY path Time is the only downside. Have bought both Leo's Interfaces ( BU036 and the BU036X ) and they are so easy to setup and use it make projects like these a doddle. ( Easy ).. Just my opinion its been done and there are loads of examples around Cheers

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

4. Thanks mattevans thanked for this post