Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cool Multiple monitors setup

I just set up my first home flight simulator. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260, Video Card with 2 DVI outputs. My first video out is hooked up to a Triple head 2Go, which works great, and the 2nd is hooked up to a separate 17" monitor. Does anyone know the correct way to set the 17" monitor to display the 2D cockpit instument panel? Is this done through the Nvidia Multiple monitor set-up, or through the computer's control panel. Does anyone have a similar setup? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    Thank in advance.

Bubba heres a tip for you may want to try the search function in the forum here because this subject has been discussed many different times also you may come across info that will help you even further in other questions that may come up. I know it seems alot easier to post the question and just wait for the answer, but honestly in being in this hobby for a decade and being a member of this forum from pretty much day 1 you'd be absolutely amazed at the incredible bank of info we have collected over the years on this and many subjects. Try searching multiple monitors or multiple monitor 17" etc try those first you'll be surprised at what you discover. No matter what you'll always find someone willing to answer your question in post as a lat resort no matter what , just thought you may want to see what others have posted first.JMO

Tim
    A10 Thunderbolt II
    (former) A343

3. Thanks bubbapat thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Re: Multiple monitors setup

I assume you are using MSFS. I use ALT-ENTER to go to windowed-view. Right click to undock screens, drag them to the other 17" LCD, ALT-ENTER to return to Full Screen, drag the edges of each view to maximize on each screen, and you're in good shape. You probably have your answer by now anyhow, but just thought I'd mention it.

Mike

Re: Multiple monitors setup

Quote Originally Posted by m_gansler View Post
    I assume you are using MSFS. I use ALT-ENTER to go to windowed-view. Right click to undock screens, drag them to the other 17" LCD, ALT-ENTER to return to Full Screen, drag the edges of each view to maximize on each screen, and you're in good shape. You probably have your answer by now anyhow, but just thought I'd mention it.

Mike
    One other thing on this. I believe if you then save the flight, you can come back to this same setup the next time you fly the airplane.
    John

System:
    ASUS P5Q SE/R
    Intel Q9550 O/C to 3.4 GHz
    4 GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
    300 GB WD 10,000 RPM Raptor SATA Drive
    GeForce 8800 GT 512 KB RAM
    Matrox TH2Go with three 19" Sumsung 940 BX
    IR Track 4