Thread: need some input

75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

need some input

was messing around last night with some buttons and i hooked up a push button with led went into the io card software (opencockpits) and set up the variables and all for the test i hooked up the button to the nav light switch. when i push the button the nav toggle in the simulator moves however the lights do not turn on or off...if i use the mouse to activate the nav lights they work just fine....any suggestions i believe the offset i used was correct seeing that the toggle in the sim responds to my button push...any suggestions?

i cant remember if i set the length properly could that be an issue. say the length was suppose to be 2 and i forgot to enter it would this still allow the toggle to react without any sort of action taking place or would the buttton do nothing....sorry for being so basic with the question

300+ Forum Addict

It has been a bit since I thought about this, I did read something on here someplace regarding the same issue.... it seems to me, and I can test it tonight at home, that the variable tied to the LED in IOCards is the key. I am thinking it was Nico that posted a reply to someone else with the same issue (only maybe with LED digits) It seems that the variable is tied to the status of the switch in IOCards, not the FSUIPC offset. Maybe if I get a chance I can search thru the threads and find it. I know on my FCU I can rotate the encoders to change values in the software, but it does not work in the other direction. Could be a big deal down the road when the MDCU is running the flight.

BuddM

75+ Posting Member

buddy i may be confused a bit here...the led on the switch works fine its the actual lights in the sim that are not turning on when i hit the button..the toggle for the nav lights moves in the sim but the cockpit lights do not turn on sorry if i misunderstood your reply but either way thanks for the reply.

300+ Forum Addict

my mistake, sorry for that. so if the switch in the sim toggles, is it maybe a master switch issue? is htis on a "stock" fs aircraft or an add-on?

BuddyM

75+ Posting Member

i was testing on the fs cessna