Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

You are welcome, I am glad to be able to finally render aid. I would be willing to answer any questions about operations and procedures as well.

Do some research here on VR Insight, it is not what some here have expected.

Of course, it is your project. If it were mine, I would save some money on the CH Yokes and construct the dual yoke mechanism myself, and use the saved 300.00 USD+ for pulleys , pots and springs. Even the most current 'Twotters use bent pipe for yoke grips, brilliantly simple IMHO.

One of the more memorable functions during start up, was after lighting off both engines, the engines/props would slowly rock and rumble the aircraft, as the gearboxes built oil pressure. The props would then "un-feather" and the airframe would stop buffeting and the engines would gain RPM together, smoothly. This followed by a loud click when the parking brake was unlocked, would mean I was twenty minutes from home.

Also, I was privvy to a full flaps take-off one time. The Captain lined up with his mains on the threshhold, held the brakes dropped the flaps, applied full power and released the brakes. What you get next is an immediate acceleration follwed by a helicopter like, nose down lift off. Once the nose and main gear came off the aircraft lifted smartly up with a definitely visible and felt nose down attitude. carrying this posture to about 500AGL 'till the falps were raised.

They say this is the biggest mistake rookies make on a Go-around, they want to pull the yoke back to gain alttitude, but at full flaps, one needs to apply forward pressure on the yoke to go up.

Cool project, can't wait to see it develop.

Quote Originally Posted by ak49er View Post
    One of the more memorable functions during start up, was after lighting off both engines, the engines/props would slowly rock and rumble the aircraft, as the gearboxes built oil pressure. The props would then "un-feather" and the airframe would stop buffeting and the engines would gain RPM together, smoothly. This followed by a loud click when the parking brake was unlocked, would mean I was twenty minutes from home.

Also, I was privvy to a full flaps take-off one time. The Captain lined up with his mains on the threshhold, held the brakes dropped the flaps, applied full power and released the brakes. What you get next is an immediate acceleration follwed by a helicopter like, nose down lift off. Once the nose and main gear came off the aircraft lifted smartly up with a definitely visible and felt nose down attitude. carrying this posture to about 500AGL 'till the falps were raised.

They say this is the biggest mistake rookies make on a Go-around, they want to pull the yoke back to gain alttitude, but at full flaps, one needs to apply forward pressure on the yoke to go up.

Cool project, can't wait to see it develop.
    Sounds EXTREMELY amaizing!!
    I wish I could take a trip it a real Twotter some day!

About the CH-part, we already have a set of two, I forgot to mention that, wich we will convert, and use the potetiometers, and maybe some gasdampers or springs, as you say.
    We also got the CH-T/Q and one pair of rudder pedals from CH..

It could be interesting to make the yokes out of bendt pipe, it should maybe be possible, if I can borrow a "pipe bender" (don't know what's the right word for it in english... Heh)

About the VRInsight-part, have also heard some different opinions.. So we will do that thaks!
    Happy Flying!
    Jesper Fuglsang Nielsen
    B737NG Builder in Denmark!
    And Flying for DAX - Diamond Air Xpress VA.:
    http://www.diamondair.org
    The DAXSim:
    http://daxsim.diamondair.org

Haslev, Vestsjalland, Denmark, 1.04081536296E+14, Haslev

Hi,

I am building the twotter sim toghether with Jesper.

We just finished the annunciator panel ( thanks to Alan Dyer for FS2Phidgets )
    and now we are goeing to build the actual panels. Thats why I used the last few weeks figuring out the right measurements.

A task that seems to be a bit harder than expected.

Never the less we managed to draw a schematic of the front panel that seems reasonable. ( I will upload an image of that later )

In the meantime we would very much like to hear your opinion about the
    overhead panel and especially the measurements of it.

Jacob A. Nielsen.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacobnielsen View Post

In the meantime we would very much like to hear your opinion about the
    overhead panel and especially the measurements of it.

Jacob A. Nielsen.

I'll be working next week, for a day or so, so if I get the chance I'lll try and take some measurements. I can't promise anything, but at the very least I'll be able to get some photos and possibly some basic measurements of the panel.

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar

dhc6 tter

Hello fellow simmers I to have found the dhc6 otter a very intriguing plane to fly, I have also started flying the otter over the level 767.

Because of the advancement of computers and software the visuals down low are so real to the eye.

I have been flying the otter for about a year now (sim flying that is) and I too am converting my pit to an otter style pit.
    I have been running a several monitor set up for several years.

What software package will you be using?

I have the aerosoft dhc6 otter and I have a question on how you plan to interface with it.
    So far with the aerosoft version I cannot get the engine start switches to work outside of using the mouse.
    I tried through fuicp4 and could not get it done.

Perhaps you can help me there.
    Or is there another way you are going about this.

Thanks……Robert

Exclamation Re: Help: DHC-6 Twin Otter Dimensions???

Hi all

I am also starting to build the Twotter and have done some research to get the right dimensions.

I would appreciate if I could get in contact with some of the other builders especially on how to construct the main frame for the MIP.

Another questions would be: How are you integrating the FS Yoke into the MIP - I guess it will be too much work constructing the typical DHC yoke.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks
    Andre

Re: Help: DHC-6 Twin Otter Dimensions???

Any news on this development? I am also using the Aerosoft Twin Otter and have been enlightened to read this thread. I too wanted to build a B737 cockpit but like others, am seriously considering starting with a simpler cockpit, in my case the DHC6 because I just love it. I think the -400 (Viking Air, glass cockpit) version is easier but I somehow like the -300 traditional look.

I am looking for dimensions. Down here we have a couple of local companies flying this bird all over the country. I will try to get in touch with operations/maintenance but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, people in this country are usually tight on getting you information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12