Thread: FS9 problem

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FS9 problem

Hi.

I have a problem with FS, the world folder is missing and wondered if i can get the world from somewhere or do i need to do a full reinstall.

Regards,
    ScotFlyer

25+ Posting Member

ScotFlyer, I see you also have problems with MSFS. I really know the answer you are looking for. I wish I could be of some help to you. I too am looking for some help. Are you experiencing the game hanging up on you and freezing your computer. That is what is happening to me.....I am using Vista OS. Both fsx and fs4 (9) is doing this to my system....please help me if possible.....Thanks.

Capttlm

Re: FS9 problem

Scotflyer, I believe the missing file could be found on the FS9 disks, sorry I'm not sure which one it will be. If you insert the disk it will probably ask you if you want to install FS9 or run a repair, just say no. Then double click on my computer and right click on the drive with the disk installed and open the contents of the disk. It might take some looking but you should be able to find all the files required for FS9.

Capttlm, if this is a relatively new issue, my guess is that it's heat related. How long can you fly before the sim locks up? Have you cleaned out your tower and fans of dust recently?

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level AbacusAce's Avatar

I have a problem with my FS9:
    My FS9 installs successfully with no problems, i click on the game to load it up and as the bar telling you the percentage comes up, this message comes up:
    "The Version of FS2004 detected i not compatable with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901..." I then click OK "You have no other option"
    Then another message comes up:
    "Flight simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.
    File: FSUIPC.dll." Then i click "OK" again, the percentage bar gets to 100% another message comes up:
    "Microsoft flight simulator has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if a solution is available" (which there never is).

I have tried installing this on windows 98, XP and Vista and everytime the same message comes up.
    This message just randomly come up, for the first time, when i installed it on my laptop (Windows XP)
    Any solutions? any ideas will be greatly appreciated
    The 3 'A's. The 3 things the make Jet flying happen.
    - Aviation
    - Aircraft
    - Airport

25+ Posting Member

A number of things. (One) check that you have the disk (4) in drive when running the game.
    (Second) Make sure you have the updated version of fsuipc.
    (Thirdly) You can uninstall the FS4 (FS9) from your system and then try installing a new install from a brand new package. They are fairly cheap these days, and that will rule out a bad disk. Sometimes they MSFS have bad disk.

I hope that helps in a small or big way.

Kind regards,

Tommy

6. Thanks AbacusAce thanked for this post
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level AbacusAce's Avatar

Thanks, i thought it was the disk aswell, i Definatly had disk 4 in and i have already reinstalled a number of times and it still doesnt work. Il get a new one, Thank you very much