300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

WhazzUp Plus Error Code 18

Hey WhazzUp Plus Users and PM folks,

I just got an 18C Error Code when attempting to use WhazzUp Plus. This is a first... I sent PM support an email, but I hoping that someone here might know what this code is? I've been using this program for quite sometime.

I have changed FSUIPC to ver 4.50 and WideFS 6.78 because I just got a new main FSX computer, but I really dont think that is the issue.

Jonathan or Thomas if you're on here before checking the PM support emails, will you send me a private message as to what this means please...

Thanks

John

Hi,

I had the same problem. This code means that in the past you tried to hack projectmagenta but this is not true. I figured that there is a bug when you run at the same pc active sky or ivao software or somethink else.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcombs View Post
    Hey WhazzUp Plus Users and PM folks,

I just got an 18C Error Code when attempting to use WhazzUp Plus. This is a first... I sent PM support an email, but I hoping that someone here might know what this code is? I've been using this program for quite sometime.

I have changed FSUIPC to ver 4.50 and WideFS 6.78 because I just got a new main FSX computer, but I really dont think that is the issue.

Jonathan or Thomas if you're on here before checking the PM support emails, will you send me a private message as to what this means please...

Thanks

John
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    Hi,

I had the same problem. This code means that in the past you tried to hack projectmagenta but this is not true. I figured that there is a bug when you run at the same pc active sky or ivao software or somethink else.
    Im so glad that you posted this (both of you) because I get the same exact error and it's extremely frustrating to be told you have hacked software when you know for a fact that you do not. I explained this over and over with a certain member of the PM team and basically I was ignored.

Good to know now that others have experienced this and that there's other reasons that the code is generated.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

300+ Forum Addict

Re-installed WhazzUp and now working...so far.

Hey,

I deleted the entire WhazzUp folder and re-installed it, but I did not install the IcaoFile.zip or the CDU files yet. So, it might be something to do with that...not sure. Funny thing is, I've been running this same computer with Whazz Up and PM-MCP for a couple years and never got this error code.

However, what I think might have caused this is the fact that I went to PM Software Updates and saw under the WhazzUp/pmGetweather section whazzup248.zip (and the IcaoFile.zip) and installed this into the WhazzUp folder. What I discovered is that the full 3mb WhazzUp that I have is build 260, so by placing 248's files in, I in effect went backwards.

The changes list for 248 state:

-Changes were made to accomodate modifications in the IVAO control files.

Thus, if I'm correct and you guys did the same thing I did, that would be my final conclusion. Tom, go to PM-Downloads-WhazzUp Plus Link and download the WhazzUp Full Program Setup and install it; delete your current (old) WhazzUp entire folder first. Don't install the 248 and see if this works for you. If it does, then PM needs to remove that 248 file so as to avoid confusion.

Jonathan, Thomas or Enrico, if you're following this post, could you please check it out for us. By the way, thank you for your continued efforts and support to make Project Magenta software an excellent choice for flight simulation.

Thanks,

John

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi

You should really contact Enrico about it, he added this to the code, I know very little about it. Enrico has stated before that the error checking is fool proof. And all we do is transmit what he says in this particular area because he seems pretty sure about it. If you have reason to believe otherwise, and can demonstrate a series of events that lead to the code being generated incorrectly, I am sure he would be interested to hear that! I have never seen the code on countless systems here over the past ten years - so I am afraid I can't help and would have no idea at all how it is re-created.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

300+ Forum Addict

I'll try recreate it and send the logs and etc.

Jonathan,

I'll try later tonight to re-create this. I believe I know what causes it. I could recreate it twice, but I want to confirm this by checking once more. I'll provide an update later.

Hey Tomlin, did you try to fix yours by re-installing or is yours working fine now?

John