Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

The problem is either in the card or I have a bad encoder.

After dropping the overhead and inspecting the wiring, I found nothing unusual nor anything making contact with the card other than the original wiring.

I started up the sim and almost everything was back to normal. The engines are not trying to start themselves, the aircraft is not attempting to push itself out of the stand, the lights are working again, etc, etc.

The OBS is working fine once again too, however, the heading bug encoder is activating two inputs in both the clockwise and counterclockwise directions.

It is also outputting to an input to which one side of the encoder is NOT wired up to. In other words, I was using pairs 21 & 22 for the heading bug encoder. It was outputting to 20 & 21, which also screws up the OBS as that is the ajacent input pair.

Thinking it might just be those inputs, I moved the heading bug encoder down to the end of the card using inputs 29 & 30. The encoder is outputting to inputs 28 & 29.

In addition, the encoder is bouncing between both of these inputs no matter which way it is turned, so the bug goes nowhere when rotated. I also removed one leg of the encoder from one of the input pairs and it does the same thing.

It seems to me either all of the input pairs have been shifted up (or down) by one position, or I have a really strange encoder problem.

The landing gear is acting the same way, though through FSUIPC I was able to fix this by assigning the single switch to perform the up/down function using a press and release command rather than two separate commands, one for each switch on the gear handle.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by ak49er View Post
    Mike, you have been experimenting with Wide View lately, is there something you've changed recently?

Maybe some sort of feedback loop created by your third party aircraft's systems?
    Absolutely nothing has changed since the last flight after shutdown last week.

Wideview has been running fine, as has the aircraft systems until yesterday.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!