500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Looking for Cessna 206-6 Stationair Drawings

I've looked all over the internet but wasn't able to find a really good drawing of the Stationair 6. I'm thinking the original Stationair as they built or perhaps are building stretched versions (7,. An interior would be awesome but I'm looking for outer dimensions as I can extrapolate interior measurements from. I've looked for simpits as well of the Stationair and couldn't find any. So any data or drawings anyone could point me to would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to model the skywagon C185 but no good models (FS2004/FSX) exist. So I'm thinking Carenado's 206 model is the way to go. He builds what I consider to be state of the art.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Getting Dimensions is one of the hardest tasks.. You may want to email the guys at Carenado, and see what they have.

You might even get away with an email to Cessna... Be patient, this will take time to collect this informations,

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Or go to the local airports and see if you can find one and track down the owner. He'd probably let you take measurements after you explained yourself.

It's not exactly the same as going to the International and asking to measure a 747.

Good luck with the project.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Thanks Guys

I could write to Caranado he could be bound by Cessna though. As I'm sure he got the data from them. That is he couldn't send me copies of drawings he got from Cessna. I once contacted Viking and I could buy the POH and drawings with the stipulation I not make copies (digital or otherwise) of the material save for my own use. The manual and materials were $290cdn.

I hadn't thought of the local airport .. And I was just out there on Friday Grrrr. It wasn't to active though and I'm not into nosing around when there isn't someone with clearance knowing what I'm doing. I do carry a measuring tape with me everywhere I go. Mostly because I found myself wanting to measure stuff when in a store and hated having to hunt down a salesperson to do that for me. I will keep that in mind though. I could comb though the Canadian registry and find if there are any registered in the area.

There is a Fly-in happening in St. Thomas about 30km south of London

http://www.wingsnwheels.ca/

Plenty of GA (50-60) aircraft on display. I've been to it a few times. Should be able to find a 206 in the mix. Have to wait till the end of June though.

So in as much as I'm not quite that patient. I'm going to continue the hunt. The weather is just turning nice after a long cold winter so trips to airport are getting easier to consider and I might get out there again perhaps later this week. For anyone that has gone plane spotting .. The airport in the winter is probably the coldest place you can be outside...

300+ Forum Addict

There is some maintenace information about 200 series Cessnas here: http://www.micro-tools.com/pdf/Cessna/ Perhaps you'll find something useful.

Thanks very much. I had been there looking for POH's and found the ones on the 180 series but not finding the one for the 206 I moved on but forgot about the service manuals.. They have them on the 206 series as well at the very bottom..

Thanks for reminding me.

What a fascinating read. I'm grabbing the other ones as well. I may take a shot at modeling a C185. There is no dimensional data in the parts catalog that would be useful. A crying shame as the drawings are beautiful. Still a great help though.

Thanks again.

Lots of great stuff in the Parts Manual

I found lots of really good stuff in the Cessna 206 Parts Manual.

Instrument Panel
    Doors
    Cabin Layout
    Seats

I haven't found anything about linkages in there yet but I've only skimmed it. Although there aren't any measurements of the items. It's a gold mine of images though. I also found the Wipline Float parts manual for the Cessna 206. Also without dimensional information. I may be able to search out the parts and get dimensional info from suppliers.

I do have the cabin dimensions from the Cessna 206 Website. Along with a good 3 view of the 206. I may invest in a POH/PIM for the model as that has everything in it AFAIK. I'm not going to use actual Cessna parts as that could be pretty expensive. I've looked about and actual parts (rudder pedals/yoke) would be pretty expensive. I'm pretty sure I can replicate them rather well though. I'm looking forward to that the most during construction. I've seen so many creative ways of building what looks like to the naked eye the actual part but in reality is a creatively constructed version.

There are 2 salvage yards not to far from my home so that is going to be a place for me to visit for seats I'm sure along with a few other things.

I even had ideas of using the entire space of the room for the amphibian. Building a dock and floats. I haven't measured the ceiling height in there but I'm thinking it's close to 9 feet. The cabin is just over 4 feet tall that would leave say 4.5 feet to the floor. I don't know how high it sits above the floats. I'm sure it's taller then when on wheels. It sure would be cool to have to climb into the 206 to fly. It could make things a bit easier and harder during construction. Plus there is that question... If I ever sell the house - By the way there is a Cessna 206 on floats in one room.. LOL Although for another float plane enthusiast it could be a good selling point.

I'm making a list of wants for the sim. To create a bill of materials sort of for the project. As well as what I want from a creature comfort level and what I'll need from a computer operational standpoint. I can run a hose from the A/C vent straight into the computer area to help cool it. I'll need something for the cabin as well. The room I'm building in is the coolest in the house (summer and winter) 9x9x9. It's right beside the bathroom too just in case I need to make a mid flight emergency landing LOL. Somethings about actual GA flight aren't needing simulation .

So list and plans to follow in the next new thread

Re: Looking for Cessna 206-6 Stationair Drawings

Old topic I know, but anything new here on the 206 (or close enough, 205 or 207)? I was looking for drawings to create model in a flight simulator (flightgear.org) for some actual pilot training at my work. I had also seen that parts manual through another forum. Anything better or new or more that anyone has?

Cheers.

Martin