75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Builder Question

Hello guys. I just have a couple of questions for you guys about how you build things.

First off, I realize that FS has it's limitations, but how far do you guys go? Do you have a headset built in for talking to your virtual passengers? Do you do things like emergency exit light switches and cabin lighting control?

And what do you guys do about lights? It just struck me that a lot of companys sell lighting control panels for these aircraft. These might be OK for outside visualization and ECAM brightness, but what about cockpit lights? Do you guys have computer programmes that makes these knobs control real lights that you installed in your pit? Or do you replace these panels with light switches? Or are these panels just dummies?

But what about those switches that you can't model in any fashion? Like the cockpit door lock? Do you buy the hardware just to have an indicator light?

Thanks for answering these questions. It'll help me a lot when I'm deciding how far to take my experience/

300+ Forum Addict

It varies by builder. While you are correct that FS has limitations, there are add-on programs that supplement FS. For example, programs like FSPassengers add more cabin sounds. Other programs add voice control. Some builders go to great lengths to re-create the precise types of lights used for cabin lighting (including dimmers). I think everything you listed has been done by someone.

300+ Forum Addict

And it never ends

When you have MIP working, you want overhead. When overhead is there, you want pedestal, when all this is in place we want dimmable baclighting and working map-lights. And so on.

Take one step at a time. When you have lack of funds for expensive hardware, then it is time to do cheap stuff, like lighting. No need to control this via the computer. Some simple wiring is required. And for sure, the different cockpit lightings are great. When you have them working, you just cant believe how you survived without it, lol.

Most important is to have fun with the build. If you get an idea, of whatever it is. You want it? Do it buddy.