Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

outside visuals brainstorm

The outside visualisation is one of the major concerns of us cockpitbuilders with a considerable number of threads in this forum. Reviewing at least the recent threads I feel that there is yet no perfect solution for the alignment problems using the current available software and hardware and combinations thereof (curved screens, TH2G, Sol7, Wideview).
    I myself have no experience with any of these visual augmentation devices, but I would like to start this thread to collect your experience and thus finally come to a preliminary "best suitable" solution. Also, I would be interested how the visuals are performed in a commercial Level-D simulator as build e.g. by Thales. With the ACES studio closed down and MS telling us that MSFS will somehow go on, could we expect MS to look further into this problem? What are yor opinions?

Cheers Chris

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

It is my opinion that MS will never solve this problem, and I think everyone needs to accept this reality. But I think your best possible solution is SOL7 Hands down.

Trev

3. Thanks warvet thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

I agree. The best solution is not usually affordable by the average sim builder.

No system is going to be perfect, but we're not building $12 million dollar simulators either.

The graphics available for FS are still better than what I've seen in commercial simulators, even though the system to represent them is still not up to the same level as a commercial rig.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!